I finally got a C! Even my mom would be proud!

Great looking car. I love the yellow, I hate today's school bus yellows. That is a great land cruiser color, and not one you see very often.

God that's nice, congrats!

You will needto fill us in more on how you got it and such the story is always as interesting as the car, it is definately a cool ride.

Well...been working +49 hours a week since September (I drive a public transit bus). The wife has let me keep the overtime. We've keeping a tally of how much I've earned. I was supposed to wait until I had saved enough to go out and buy a car (C)!. This car was on Ebay. I had been watching it. A couple of days before the end I bumped it from $5600 to $5700. The auction was to expire on 1/6/14 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time. At about 4:00 AM it was at $6000. I couldn't resist and bumped it to $6100. I went to work figuring someone would surely outbid me, Came home about 3:00 PM and checked email. I was shocked when I came across an email from Ebay "Congratulating me on my new Dodge"! So swallowing my heart I went and told the wife I couldn't resist. I had about $5000 saved up at that point. She didn't shoot me, good thing there's no gun in the house. Anyways I should have the car paid off in full sometime in February or March at the rate I'm going, plus I had some extra cash saved up prior. So all's good!

Glenn

Looks like a very nice solid car for $6100. Even if shipping was a chunk, I would say you did well. Love those '67-'68 Fastops.

Well...been working +49 hours a week since September (I drive a public transit bus). The wife has let me keep the overtime. We've keeping a tally of how much I've earned. I was supposed to wait until I had saved enough to go out and buy a car (C)!. This car was on Ebay. I had been watching it. A couple of days before the end I bumped it from $5600 to $5700. The auction was to expire on 1/6/14 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time. At about 4:00 AM it was at $6000. I couldn't resist and bumped it to $6100. I went to work figuring someone would surely outbid me, Came home about 3:00 PM and checked email. I was shocked when I came across an email from Ebay "Congratulating me on my new Dodge"! So swallowing my heart I went and told the wife I couldn't resist. I had about $5000 saved up at that point. She didn't shoot me, good thing there's no gun in the house. Anyways I should have the car paid off in full sometime in February or March at the rate I'm going, plus I had some extra cash saved up prior. So all's good!

Glenn

Love that story ..... I can imagine the feeling :yaayy:

What was it about this particular car that made you pull the trigger?

Posted via Topify on Android

A 2 door hardtop with a 383cid V-8 rated at 325 horse! I just like the looks of it from the chromed front end to the big tailights in the rear to mention a few things. It's a Mopar....that's enough for me!

Glenn

Last edited:
I like the tail lights, very nice solid car. Congrats

Jon

Nice ride. Like the colour, dealership emblem is a very nice touch. Seats seem to be reupholstered ?

Great car! My first Mopar was same yellow w/black roof. Best year for the Monaco IMO. Had trouble sleeping lately?

No troubles sleeping now. Was a bit excited the first few days after the auction ended though.

Wife didn't kill me and it didn't hurt that I had a fair amount of the cost of the car already saved up.

There are foam crumbs on the black carpet near the front drivers side seat and the back seats. I imagine the foam padding has dried up over time and will need replacing in the future. Next thing to save up for!

That basket weave trim is cool. On the inside of the doors and the back sides of both front seats.

Glenn

Back