I have a chance to buy a 71 Sport fury , it’s in rough shape.

Well at the same show and shine another fella came up to me and and offered me a 4 door 1969 VIP with out Engine and transmission. He said it only had 37,000 miles on it. I was told it has power windows and cruise.(did these cars ever have power vent windows? ) The heart and soul of that car went into a 69 runner last year. He said he has no use for rest of the car but it was in too nice of shape to scrap so he offered it to me after seeing my rag top at the show. Some time this week I will try and make some time to see it , take some pictures and bring her home. I’m kinda pumped up about this one. The shows in Edmonton have been good to me this year. There’s always so many people saying had one just like it but it was a 4 door with a 318 but only a select few still have the car sitting in Billy Bob’s north 40.

Now THATS A NICE CAR . I didn’t realize my 71 was the same car. WOW I’ve always Liked those. What option was the chrome on the top of the fenders ? Was that a sport fury option? Was it a GT option?

one year GT option 71

one year GT option 71
I bet that fender chrome is a hard find ! But on a brighter note I do have the complete head light washer option for a 71 c body. Brush , washer tank and wiring, I have a switch but I’m not sure if it would be correct for a fury. It’s all from a 71 imperial.

Hope you save it, not part it. Interior is encouraging for little rust. Also, no vinyl top, big plus on limited rust. And it may have been sitting above the weeds rather than directly on the ground (at least from the pics) Love the interior, plus Sport Fury hidden HL, 23-body coupe!

I bet that fender chrome is a hard find ! But on a brighter note I do have the complete head light washer option for a 71 c body. Brush , washer tank and wiring, I have a switch but I’m not sure if it would be correct for a fury. It’s all from a 71 imperial.
Just watched an episode of Fantomworks and they did a lot of electrical and other work to a beautiful 71 Sport Fury. It was a special order one owner one of a kind factory 383 six pack!! I hope you are able to fix your car up, they are really special! Good luck!!

Just watched an episode of Fantomworks and they did a lot of electrical and other work to a beautiful 71 Sport Fury. It was a special order one owner one of a kind factory 383 six pack!! I hope you are able to fix your car up, they are really special! Good luck!!

that car was one of none...been alota debate on it here...don't believe everything you see...

Hope you save it, not part it. Interior is encouraging for little rust. Also, no vinyl top, big plus on limited rust. And it may have been sitting above the weeds rather than directly on the ground (at least from the pics) Love the interior, plus Sport Fury hidden HL, 23-body coupe!
Well it is above the ground a few inches, fingers crossed that it’s ok underneath.

Buy it!!! 23 roof, 383 and buckets. These are hard to find.

Some of the headlamp washer parts from an Imperial will interchange but not everything.

If the rear chassis rails are solid I would fix it, heck even if they were rotten, I have spare rails, not too hard to replace really.

Congratulations on the find. I can't wait to see more pictures. I probably don't have to tell you, but fuselage Plymouths are seldom seen in these parts, let alone coupes as highly optioned as that one. That's part of the reason I don't do many shows, l have too many cars as is, they're hard to turn down when they fall in your lap. We have to meet sometime.

Congratulations on the find. I can't wait to see more pictures. I probably don't have to tell you, but fuselage Plymouths are seldom seen in these parts, let alone coupes as highly optioned as that one. That's part of the reason I don't do many shows, l have too many cars as is, they're hard to turn down when they fall in your lap. We have to meet sometime.
It would be great to meet, I’m in a show and shine in Millet on Saturday then going to the Rocky Mountain Nationals at Castrol raceway on Sunday if you’re interested.

. . . And it may have been sitting above the weeds rather than directly on the ground (at least from the pics). . .

It really doesn't matter whether the car was on the dirt / weeds or not. The longer it sits, the car will just suck moisture out of the ground. I hope it turns out not to be true. . .

I found this picture of a green 71 sport fury, there’s a few differences but it gives me an idea of what the car should look like minus the vinyl roof and black interior
B9405CFC-AB87-4396-8004-3797A97A7F90.jpeg

It really doesn't matter whether the car was on the dirt / weeds or not. The longer it sits, the car will just suck moisture out of the ground. I hope it turns out not to be true. . .
Hi Rip. I hear you on sitting being a bad thing. Still, I'd rather have a car sitting a few inches above ground than frame lying directly in the mud. Important thing, great looking car. Hope Welder Guy saves it or sells to someone who does.
BTW: "Groundhog Day" totally underrated, hilarious movie, especially when Bill Murray drives the pickup off the side of the cliff with the groundhog at the steering wheel.

Back