I never heard of it a S/27

300L

Reaction score
...but it really excist. I was very supriced as I saw this photo!
S-27.JPG

After a little search on the net, I found out that it was owned/built by C-Body studio chief Richard Clayton...
1970 Plymouth Fury S-27 Convertible for sale
Maybe someone here knows more about the car or the old and new owners.
The "new" rims and the right exterior mirror fit very well IMHO.

Must have missed that thread completely, a good read and nice Fury. So many members we haven't heard from in a while.

Nice car....maybe the best color combo.
Unfortunately, if there was a shred of "mystique" to it, it was long gone once the second owner started changing stuff on it.

Definitely a great color combination. The earlier OEM wheel covers might look good to some, but the W23s just look better on the car. IF they'd been 15x7s would've been better, to me.

I concur that if the car was to be "special", a better mix of options might have been a better choice. Things like a 440 and buckets w/console and such. Especially low-production options.

Everybody has their own orientations of what makes a "special car", yet this "special car" tends to be very "normal", in reality. Which can be unfortunate as to its ultimate value and such. Still, it loos very good and is obviously in good hands.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The S/27 is not a real car. It, like 69CoronetRT said is something that someone wanted it to be. Almost like a “what if” type thing. I saw it at Carlisle last year and met the owner who is a very nice gentleman. I think I do remember him saying that he was going to sell the car….

F7DFF148-03DB-4769-93AB-5D20895EC625.jpeg

Back