Imperial & C-body gathering in the Detroit area

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to do something like his for a while so when a like minded local friend brought up that he was looking for a place to do it I offered up my shop.
It is the day after the Woodward Dream Cruise so hopefully we can get a decent group of people that still have some gas left in the proverbial tank to show up for this family friendly hang. Bring whatever you might need and there will be a restroom available. :thumbsup:
IMG_7364.jpeg

Would love to join but it will have to be another year due to prior plans that can’t be changed. Have fun and take lots of pics!

I'd love to join you, but I am doing Moparfest. This weekend is the Chrysler meet in Windsor, I am still trying to get to that. If I have any more work days like today, I will not be able.
Thanks for the offer.

Thanks for doing this Matt!! I will bring my 69 SF or 75 GF out in the morning. I usually cruise Woodward Sunday morning to buy a t shirt and am always amazed how it has a million plus people there Saturday and basically nobody Sunday morning and cleaned up!!

I'd love to join you, but I am doing Moparfest. This weekend is the Chrysler meet in Windsor, I am still trying to get to that. If I have any more work days like today, I will not be able.
Thanks for the offer.

Hey - just FYI, things start Tuesday August 6, and finish the weekend after (August 12), NOT this weekend.

I will be in Kalamazoo then visiting my son and family. If they haven't made any plans for that day I might just have to make the drive!

I'm hoping to make it over, but the weather is looking a little sketchy all weekend.

I will be there rain or shine in hopes for a dry morning at least….

Sucks im gonna miss your gathering today Matt - I have Covid. I missed the dream cruise yesterday for the first time ever.

Sucks im gonna miss your gathering today Matt - I have Covid. I missed the dream cruise yesterday for the first time ever.
Sorry to hear that, I finally got Covid during the winter this year. It wasn’t fun but since I work alone I just worked right through it. I went through some Kleenex that week!
The show was great! We didn’t know what to expect but we had a good turnout with about 30 cars total including a couple of brand X cars but seeing the friends that drove them was more important. My friend & cohost Cory has a YouTube channel so there’s a drone video and he took lots of pics so I only took a few.
I will copy a link to his first video from yesterday here soon.
IMG_8227.jpeg
IMG_8228.jpeg
IMG_8229.jpeg
IMG_8230.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg
IMG_8232.jpeg
IMG_8233.jpeg
IMG_8234.jpeg
IMG_8235.jpeg
IMG_8236.jpeg

I met lots of new friends and I can’t wait to do it again. All who came really enjoyed it and a few drove quite a ways just for it.
Ed B. From Carlisle was there with a couple of his friends from PA who were in town for the Woodward Cruise and my friends Tim & Heather from MCG also spent a good amount of time there along with all the people that came out in their classics. I’ll name a few but I hope those forum members that were there chime in to share the experience they had.
@Clover @michiganhotrod1 @moparwagon @customsportsman @hemiviper588
IMG_8240.jpeg
IMG_8239.jpeg
IMG_8238.jpeg
IMG_8237.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like people came and went, I didn't see some of these cars in your photos, and there were cars in your photos I hadn't seen. Thanks for being a great host Matt.

IMG_20240818_095612_203.jpg

IMG_20240818_103324_934.jpg

IMG_20240818_102219_958.jpg

IMG_20240818_103347_794.jpg

Back