Imperial out of hibernation and some cool barn finds

tunaboat75

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Recently I pulled my '75 Imperial out of the storage barn 20 minutes away where it has sat untouched for the past 2 years. It might be really late in year to finally be getting a car out of storage but my old man just finished building a new pole shed so it is being moved there instead. Plus I'll actually have the chance to work on it. I felt bad because I had been neglecting her due to being away at college and focusing my time and energy on my nicer green '75 Imp. Plan is to get her running sound again to drive as a daily next summer.

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG

When we went to go get her I put a new battery in and she fired right up!

There were some other REALLY nice cars in the storage barn my Imp was stored in. I tried to be as respectful as I could to the other owners cars so some pictures might not be the best. Personally I really had my eye on the Caprice wagon. Don't see too many of those very often. Not that I don't like the Challeger or Camaro but I can go to any car show and see them
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Your Imperials are both sexy to me... But that green one brings back thought of my first car... 1974 4 door... I smile every time I walk into the garage now...

BTW, when parking on a dirt floor and some would even say unsealed concrete... lay down a plastic sheet first, it may save you some corrosion in the future.

You really need to post more pictures of these beauties...

Beautiful couple.. some I'm sure will disagree, but I really like the Saint Regis roof. I might be a bit partial since I own one. :lol:
Crown Coupe roof on an Imperial... took me a while to get the name changes right too... St Regis on New Yorkers, Crown Coupe on Imperials... it is actually my least favorite roof line on these, which doesn't mean I wouldn't be proud to own one...

The look of that hard top with the windows down is why I love the 4 doors and non-Crown Coupes so much.

1974-75 Imperial Crown Coupes

That blue Chevy is a Laguna from the mid 1970s and kinda rare. RS Camaros are also not too common.

You don't see many E-bodies in Q5 at all.

Crown Coupe roof on an Imperial... took me a while to get the name changes right too... St Regis on New Yorkers, Crown Coupe on Imperials... it is actually my least favorite roof line on these, which doesn't mean I wouldn't be proud to own one...

The look of that hard top with the windows down is why I love the 4 doors and non-Crown Coupes so much.

1974-75 Imperial Crown Coupes

The Formal Imperial takes my breath away. I love them all...hardtops, coupes...to me they all look fantastic.

You really need to post more pictures of these beauties...[/QUOTE said:
A couple more pics for your viewing pleasure

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gray Imperial was my "first car." Got it when I was 17 in summer of 2012 at a car show. Paid $800 for her. She is full of bondo and top is shot. Also missing eagle for hood ornament, so if any one has a hood ornament they'd be willing to part with please let me know.

Pics of green Imperial

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Found the green Imperial on Craigslist in fall of 2012 in Fond du lac, WI while searching for parts for my gray car and it was just too nice to pass up. Needed a tranny rebuild, paid $2300 for it. 45K original miles. Appears to have had one repaint in its lifetime. Was purchased new by a police officer from Milwaukee. I am the 3rd owner.

Pics of green Imperial

View attachment 104020
View attachment 104021
View attachment 104022
View attachment 104023
View attachment 104024
View attachment 104025
Found the green Imperial on Craigslist in fall of 2012 in Fond du lac, WI while searching for parts for my gray car and it was just too nice to pass up. Needed a tranny rebuild, paid $2300 for it. 45K original miles. Appears to have had one repaint in its lifetime. Was purchased new by a police officer from Milwaukee. I am the 3rd owner.
That sure is sweet... Good buy on that...

Have you thought about going to Carlisle? I think the green beauty needs to be there. I picked up an ornament there in July as a spare. It looks ok but had no spring or base, I will try to remember to dig it out of the storage boxes and put up a pic for you... I think mine and whats left of yours will make a good complete piece.

Have you thought about going to Carlisle? I think the green beauty needs to be there. I picked up an ornament there in July as a spare. It looks ok but had no spring or base, I will try to remember to dig it out of the storage boxes and put up a pic for you... I think mine and whats left of yours will make a good complete piece.
I'd love to go but it would be a pretty long haul for me. Roughly 14 hours or so one way.

Thanks for checking on the ornament. If we could work something out on that that'd be great.

Back