Interesting old photo of a 71 Sport Fury GT at night showing the reflective stripe

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Dan shared this with me and thought that it was something that should be shared here.

Vintage GT Photo showing reflective stripe.jpg

actually that car was owned by a member here..he posted a cpl pics and a story here somewhere...no link..was a while ago

The green GT is in New Lenox IL. I came across the car in the late 80s sitting in a driveway in Alsip IL. The guy who had it had no title and said he got if from a junkyard. He offered to sell if for $1500 back then. The car was still in good shape then. Another guy bought it and it sat then he had it redone. I have not seen the car since the resto but it is still alive and living.

I think I am going to take a pic of my GT in the garage with the lights off and see if my side stripes reflect. They don't look reflective but hey I may be missing something.

every one i have ever seen that was FACTORY STRIPING... WAS REFLECTIVE!..some replacements made later surely could have been anything.. but most never got new stripes after a repaint..which is why so many were DEMO DERBY WINNERS.. they were unrecognizable to most people sadly..

Reflective stripes were feature of the 70 Mustang Boss 302. Black stripes that reflect as gold at night.

The 1970 Pontiac Judge I owned had the reflective "eyebrow" stripes on the fenders. Very cool at night. These were available on the 1970-71 Judge.

Back