Interiors: Original, Restored, Custom or what have you...

Just curious what do you guys use to clean and condition the vinyl?

I've been using these lexol products for years now. I don't even look for anything else.
I have had some bad experiences with the long turm use of armorall.
This stuff is good on vinal and excellent on leather.

DSC00355 (Large).jpg

Great tread I have seen many interior pictures of cars that I have wanted to see. The interior is a sore subject for me right now, it has been at the upholstery shop for well over 2 months with nothing to show for it yet.

I will keep mine as original as possible. New carpet, door panels, seats, and re-dye the dash and plastics. I re sprayed all the metal to match my exterior color.

dash cleaned up.jpgDash painted 1.s.jpgInterior door.jpgInterior top down 2.jpg

dash cleaned up.jpg

Dash painted 1.s.jpg

Interior door.jpg

Interior top down 2.jpg

Last edited:
Great tread I have seen many interior pictures of cars that I have wanted to see. The interior is a sore subject for me right now, it has been at the upholstery shop for well over 2 months with nothing to show for it yet.

I will keep mine as original as possible. New carpet, door panels, seats, and re-dye the dash and plastics. I re sprayed all the metal to match my exterior color.

View attachment 17185View attachment 17186View attachment 17187View attachment 17188

That looks beautiful!!!

I agree with Bob, nice work Mike! Original is best.

Which begs the question, what does he take for his ADD? Cause I need to switch meds.

What are you using for sound deadening on the floor?

Big John here is the link http://www.b-quiet.com/extreme.html It is nice and thick I used the 45 mil and they have 60mil too. A 50 foot roll did the whole floor. Very easy to use and cheaper than the big name brand stuff.

This is the second time I have used it. I used it on my MGB. The transmission tunnel gets very hot and I doubled it up to 90 mil. There is no warmth at all now.

Which begs the question, what does he take for his ADD? Cause I need to switch meds.

LOL I am all natural except for my coffee. I don't know where I get it from, my dad was the opposite had a dozen projects and never completed any of them. I get started and basically get obsessed until they are completed.

My official anniversary date is September 22. The interior won't be finished by then. I really thought it would be when I dropped it off 2 1/2 months ago.

:laughing4: ye of little car restoration experience
Dave the funny thing is I thought it might be there for 2 months when I dropped it off, now I'm pushing at least 3. It seemed like my body work/painter had it forever, but I think he only had it for about 6 weeks. My MGB I did all myself except a few interior panels, which I dropped off in the dead of winter. It was finished April 1st for convertible season.

The upholstery guy was begging for it in February but you guys set me straight back then, that I need to paint it first. That was good advice, I would have been kicking myself, because I wouldn't have had the metal areas in the interior painted.

All I've done in mine cosmetically is replace the carpet and clean the bejesus out of it. Electrically, between CLover(Bob) and myself we have fixed a lot of issues with the lights, signals, gauges and windows. Still some things to address in here but they are low on the priority list.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I used the 45 mil and they have 60mil too. A 50 foot roll did the whole floor. Very easy to use and cheaper than the big name brand stuff.

This is the second time I have used it. I used it on my MGB. The transmission tunnel gets very hot and I doubled it up to 90 mil. There is no warmth at all now.
This step is a must do as far as i'm concerned. I used "fat-mat", bought on ebay with free shipping at a third the cost of dynamat. It's 90 Mill thick and 50 sq feet did the entire floor on my 69 300.
HIGHLY recommended...... A big difference in road noise reduction even in the convertible.

Thats because the old guys who wear hats scare aware the guys with the Ostritch and Irridescent Turquoise Mouse Fur interiors.

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
Back