Introduction of Yeye

Yeye

Reaction score
Foolish guy who enjoys full size gas guzzler in a country where wine is cheaper than gasoline

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Watcha got?

Hi there !

Thank you for your welcome.
My first piece of american iron was a wagon Mercury Monterey '69 390 purchased at 18 yo, guess how daddy did when he saw this 230 in brick in his garden...:wtf: (at this time, he used to drive a citroën AX: diesel 92ci, 55HP, 1300 lbs).

After having been so disappointed by poor experiences (but expensive repairs) with european cars, i purchased a Buick Park Avenue '93, smooth, reliable, easy...enjoyed it as a daily driver for 2 years.
Given up with it when i left highways for circuitous routes.

Then came a Monza 2+2 '80, first hand 20,000 miles from luxemburg for a couple of euros, very funny to handle , despite its asthmatic iron duke.

Several Dodge power trucks (W200) later, i now own a Ram 1500 sport '99 ext cab, delightful to drive, wouldn' be this awful electronic transmission management that led me to put a shift kit on it.

Also own a Checker Marathon, true NY yellow cab, a rarity in Europe, and out of my experience, the most badly worn car i've ever had. Despite its nice outside appearance, it required time to get it back on track.

Now my Buick '37 is gone, i am looking for a 300 coupe, which is hard to find in Europe, especially since bubble inflates more and more due to stupid gold-diggers (seen yesterday the same cutlass advertised on craigslist at $8,500 and on a european website at 18,500 €).

I read you guys for a couple of weeks, and finally decided to join, and hope i will share 300 experience soon !

Any pictures of your stuff, past and present?

smiley_sign.0799902001454166089.gif

Here are finally a few pictures if the cab and the monza, i struggled to find some...

Further pictures of the Monterey '69, Ram magnum '99 will come.

100_9650-1600.jpg

Photo051.jpg

You would be surprised as i have been myself with Mosel wines: some sparkling wines here in luxembourg are quite close from champagne and Auxerrois grape gives blossom flavor.

However, you don't really have time to taste wine when dining with german friends, because Schnaps uses to come soon on the table...

Back