Just Brought- 1965 300L 4 Speed

The original owner sold it to his work buddy on 6/25/79. ( I have a copy of the title) He drove it the summer of 79 and started to drive it in the summer of 80. His son turned 16 in the summer of 80 and he didn't want his son getting any ideas so he took it off the road. One thing led to another and he never got it back out. It had just turned 55,000 miles when he brought it and it now has 55,670 on it. Friends of mine own a classic and antique car lot near Pittsburgh Pa. Starry's Auto. One of the Starry brothers was and is best friends with the second owners son. Starry's has been working to buy it for me for the last two and a half years and it finally happened. I think I got that all right. Anyone confused!!!

I have an L convertible and one of the best driving cars I have. You have something special, so awesome. I would see if you have someone that is certified to apply cquartz in your area. If you do, talk to them about paint correction on your car. You'd be amazed what they can do to bring it to life.

The better connected you are with the people with the same interests gets you far more fair deals than you'll ever find in auctions.

The better connected you are with the people with the same interests gets you far more fair deals than you'll ever find in auctions.

I have a cousin whose father-in-law would ask anyone if their car was for sale, if he liked it. He gave out hundreds of business card and asked if they would do a favor and just place his business card in the glove box, in case they changed their mind in the future.

He said this was by far a better way to buy that an auction, but it required a lot of patience. He bought one car he figured he gave a card to 15 years before. The original owner had died and his wife called him after she came across his card in the glove box.

66acp26.jpg

I am not a slab guy but I would drive this one!

Enjoy

Carsten

Me either... but this car isn't ordinary... It would be truly special to get to preserve this one and give her exercise... however 66300 chooses to keep her... the biggest issue with removal of the antenna or mirror is the hole left behind, IMO she is too nice to ruin the original paint. I'm just going by the pictures though.

That appears to be the best part, a guy that wanted the car got the car WITHOUT intentions of flipping it.....
That doesn't happen very often

Great score!!
Do what you have to do to get her safe and reliable.
I would not change anything from as delivered with one exception.
I agree with ditching the mirrors.
Just be careful with what's underneath them.
I removed the tacky mirrors on one of my cars and had to deal with the screw holes in the fender.Luckily the car had a repaint years ago and just touched up the fenders.
The antennae? Big hole to fill and again if she has original paint,leave it to whip the wind.

Great score!!
Do what you have to do to get her safe and reliable.
I would not change anything from as delivered with one exception.
I agree with ditching the mirrors.
Just be careful with what's underneath them.
I removed the tacky mirrors on one of my cars and had to deal with the screw holes in the fender.Luckily the car had a repaint years ago and just touched up the fenders.
The antennae? Big hole to fill and again if she has original paint,leave it to whip the wind.
I'm going to leave the antennas. They look cool. I removed the mirrors and yes now there is two screw holes on each fender. Don't know what I'm going to do about them yet.

The car just oozes character!

I am assuming the original owner wanted a newer version of his 62 letter car...dual quads,dual mirrors,dual antennae dual this,dual that...LOL

What I did with my screw holes was fill em with silicone and waxed over where the mirrors sat.
People with sharp eyes ask me what was there and simply show a pic of the mirror that was there. But most of the general public do not notice.
Being a black car,a black Sharpie helps too!! LOL!!

Back