Let's see your tips

Here's a few shots of my 72 Fury Custom Suburban wagons setup. Flowmaster Super 40's and duals by a local muffler shop in Eldersburg, MD area. Totally cool and sounds way nice :)

IMG_7660.JPG

IMG_7661.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

I wound up using turn downs. I had a set of NOS Fury GT tips, but I sold them. The oval Plymouth B body tips looked great when I held them under the bumper. These were easy and classic.

70F13BB8-98EF-4481-BCD5-9C19EF555D37.jpeg

B42400AC-C171-43F4-BFCE-D4420471A4B1.jpeg

Yeah, definitely leaning towards the Plymouth oval B Body tips for mine.

These are the exhaust tips on my Sport Fury. They will due for now, but I think a pair of GTX tips would look better. Like the tips on Dan Wheelers car too.

IMG_20230321_231450.jpg

Update: test fit the TTI tailpipes and am on the fence about it, think they're down too low. The tips are an easy 3" from the bottom of the bumper, and I don't see a way to fix it due to how the exhaust hangers are set up, the hanger assembly takes at least 2" of clearance away.

tailpipes1.JPG

tailpipes2.JPG

Update: test fit the TTI tailpipes and am on the fence about it, think they're down too low. The tips are an easy 3" from the bottom of the bumper, and I don't see a way to fix it due to how the exhaust hangers are set up, the hanger assembly takes at least 2" of clearance away.

View attachment 589915

View attachment 589916
Yeah, that's too bad. I agree, they look too low. Not sure what to suggest other than asking if a shop can re-bend the tailpipe section to go upwards a bit before it gets to the bumper.

Back