Looking for an adjustable pushrod-1966 440

steamboy05

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to track down an adjustable pushrod for a 1966 440. Recently rebuilt the motor, and had the block decked. The big problem is finding one with a 1/4" diameter, to fit the old style tapered pushrods and lifters. Anyone got any advice?

Hey, I'm trying to track down an adjustable pushrod for a 1966 440. Recently rebuilt the motor, and had the block decked. The big problem is finding one with a 1/4" diameter, to fit the old style tapered pushrods and lifters. Anyone got any advice?

You might check with Mancini. I think they supply push rods.

Unless im missing something here..... no amount of decking the block or shaving the heads is enough to need custom length pushrods for a street motor. Are the originals missing??? If you have a spare one of those, it would be easy enough to weld up your own with some standard hardware (fine bolt and long nut with an additional locknut???)

I cut an old pushrod in half and removed a section then double nutted a piece of threaded rod so i could adjust it up and down. Then ordered custom smith brothers pushrods.

I agree with Lefty71. You shouldn't need to change pushrod length because you had the block decked. Did you also add a high lift cam?

Back