Moparfest 2024

I was there last year just to check it out (no car on the field). I was there on the Saturday. It was more of a zoo than I remember it being years ago. It was my first time back in maybe 10 years. I saw few C-bodies.

That's where I picked up that stupid stub frame that I'm sure now is for a '65 Fury (or any C-bodies that year with the shorter torsion bars) with the wedge-engine mounts. It's available to anyone that wants it BTW.

I'm 50-50 about going there this year, and if I did I wouldn't bring the Monaco to the field unless there were a bunch of us from FCBO that were planning on being there, otherwise it'd just be a drag for me (yea it's Moparfest but I'd feel like a duck out of water).

I need to put this on my "destination car show" bucket list....

Does Canada still do a vax check and taint search at the border?

For those that are pre-registering, are you selecting "club parking" ?

2024 Pre-registration
$45.00
732 in stock

Is the 732 the number of currently-available field parking places? I would have expected that number to be way lower by now. How much is registration after July 3?

@Buster @Daly will you have a car on the field?

For those that are pre-registering, are you selecting "club parking" ?

2024 Pre-registration
$45.00
732 in stock

Is the 732 the number of currently-available field parking places? I would have expected that number to be way lower by now. How much is registration after July 3?

@Buster @Daly will you have a car on the field?
I'll bring the 73, but I usually never re-register.

I've pre-registered the Polara just under the wire. Still deciding which day(s) to attend tbd in part by the forecast.

The weekend of Moparfest is upon us. Weather looks off and on for rain. Not sure what car to take, will see what weather is on Friday. My wagon is down after the booster blew out, Tux the Imperial takes so much work to clean and has rarely been wet, I might have to dig out the Swinger.

I won't be making it this year after all. There is a local town celebrating their 150 year and I will be at that show Saturday with my Savoy, and Sunday I just have too many things going on.
I'm kind of ok with it, the last few years, it seemed like it was just all the same cars. Out of 1000 cars, 800 were Hellcats, Dusters, Darts, E and B bodies and only 200 were things you don't see everyday. And, while I like the A, B, and E bodies, it's turning into 'you've seen one, you've seen them all' type of deal. I want to see the trucks, vans, C, M, J bodies, and the 50s and older cars.

So at this point - who's going?

I was at the WPC last week in Windsor (I must admit I was underwhelmed), I saw the maybe 15 Chrysler Airflows that showed up in my town today for their get-together, and now I'm wondering if Moparfest is going to get rained out on Saturday.

Back