MSD troubles

68monaco

Reaction score
Okay my fellow c body friends. I have ran an MSD ignition on my 68 383 Monaco for 10 years or more and it has ran fine. I just put a 496 stroker kit in it and it's all hooked up but no juice at the coil. The MSD box has power going in and it also pulses. So the distributor is talking to it but it's not sending volts to the coil. I checked the ignition source power wire and it was only getting about 10.5 volts. I think what is happening there is that the resistance from one side of the bulkhead connector to the other might be causing this. My question is can I use a two into one connector on Ign 1 and Ign 2 at the ignition switch therefore eliminating that voltage drop? If so what issue might this cause. Thanks in advance!!!

What would happen if you gave it power straight from the battery? I would try this to see if you have spark. If you still don't your MSD may be damaged. Voltage drop is usually caused from a poor connection, you may be right on about the bulkhead connector

What would happen if you gave it power straight from the battery? I would try this to see if you have spark. If you still don't your MSD may be damaged. Voltage drop is usually caused from a poor connection, you may be right on about the bulkhead connector
The MSD box has a direct 12 volt connection from the battery to run it and another tied to the ignition for start up.

What changed during the engine swap? I'm presuming it was running well prior to the swap? EFI or carb?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Back