My 1968 Fury II is ready for its first show, Carlisle.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2627.jpeg
This car has been sitting with fresh paint on it for over 20 years, waiting to be reassembled and have the drivetrain gone through. After two years, she’s done. Looking forward to debuting her in Carlisle in the rain, not.

IMG_2628.jpeg

I don’t mean to be a downer —- but the forecast for the entire Carlisle week —- day and night is HOT and WET —- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday , and Saturday….

Your car may spend its whole week inside the trailer…. ….

I don’t mean to be a downer —- but the forecast for the entire Carlisle week —- day and night is HOT and WET —- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday , and Saturday….

Hot? 85 is not hot. That is comfortable July weather. The Carlisle forecast has the show dates the coolest of the week.
Rain is inevitable at Carlisle.

You sure know how to do ‘the ‘68 Fury line proud Bill. Great looking Fury II. Wish I could be there to see it in person.

Looks fresh. Tell us a bit about it, drivetrain, options, etc. Was it a police or fleet car?

Cant wait to see it.
All the cars I have seen you with over the years have all been stunning.
I am sure we will be parked near each other all weekend.
See you in Carlisle....

Craig, It’s coming on an open car trailer and will just sit on the show field while I drive around in my truck.

Looks fresh. Tell us a bit about it, drivetrain, options, etc. Was it a police or fleet car?

The original owner was the State of North Carolina. 383-2, A/T, A/C, pedal dress up and the standard cloth interior. No radio. My guess is that it was a department head’s car. Rust free car. The seats aren’t perfect. The car is nicely detailed underneath. Upgraded to a 383-4, HP exhaust manifolds, dual exhaust, electronic ignition, rebuilt heads with a mild port job and a mild cam.

The car looks stunning Bill, wow. It really came out nice. I remember when it was all apart, and still a roller. I wish I could see it at Carlisle this week. Do you still have the yellow car?

The car looks stunning Bill, wow. It really came out nice. I remember when it was all apart, and still a roller. I wish I could see it at Carlisle this week. Do you still have the yellow car?
Yes & it’s still for sale. Running great.

The car looks great Bill! I look forward to checking it out in person.

The weather forecast has markedly improved in the last 12 hours.

Still warm, but now dry with much lower humidity. Hopefully it holds out and doesn't change back.

weather.JPG

Jeff

Back