need some opinions

Hey Johnniesrotten. Im going to disagree with most here and say sell it. If you are already looking at Abodies obviously this is not your first choice. Car like that deserves someone who will make it their first choice. My .02.

I kinda agree with Fred but with a slight difference. I say if it's not your dream car then don't settle & just keep looking.

If you love it & keep it then I say make it yours & throw as much wicked aftermarket **** at her as you can. If you got the jing & you don't mind spending it on some big bad aluminum heads....

Maybe it's best if it goes to someone that loves C-bodies more than anything and goes "OMFG IT'S A FOUR SPEED 426!!!!!!!!" Some cars need to be matched up to their owner.
If you throw a ton of hop ups and bling at it, you're just ruining it for the next owner.

Posted via Topify using Android

In my eyes the fuselage c body is one of the most harmonious designs ever rendered on paper. I know this is different for each person but everyone here loves a c body car and I KNOW feels the same way about their car whether its a forward look, slab side, fuselage, or formal (slap me thrice and send me to me momma if I forget a category,lol).....the rest of the mopar diaspora are clueless sometimes.

Maybe it's best if it goes to someone that loves C-bodies more than anything and goes "OMFG IT'S A FOUR SPEED 426!!!!!!!!" Some cars need to be matched up to their owner.
If you throw a ton of hop ups and bling at it, you're just ruining it for the next owner.

He's talking performance, not bling. That's certainly what I meant. No bling......

When you're talking high performance, you're talking mods.
When you're talking mods, you read a Summit catalog.
When you read a Summit catalog, you look at the pretty carburetors.
When you look at pretty carburetors, you see the chrome air cleaners.
When you see the chrome air cleaners, you notice how crappy your valve covers are.
When you notice how crappy your valve covers are...

Don't notice how crappy your valve covers are. Rebuild a stock 426....

When you're talking high performance, you're talking mods.
When you're talking mods, you read a Summit catalog.
When you read a Summit catalog, you look at the pretty carburetors.
When you look at pretty carburetors, you see the chrome air cleaners.
When you see the chrome air cleaners, you notice how crappy your valve covers are.
When you notice how crappy your valve covers are...

Don't notice how crappy your valve covers are. Rebuild a stock 426....

NOW THATS FUNNY LOL very loud

You're missing the point. Anybody can go OMG over a BB 4 speed. It takes a special person to go OMG it's a C-body and then goes OMFG and it's a BB 4 speed.

He's talking performance, not bling. That's certainly what I meant. No bling......

Not only performance, but I don't throw anything away(ask my wife). If someone want to put it back to original, its easy to do, It screams now but it could scream better :3gears:

Hi,

but it seems you prefer A-bodies above C-bodies.
On this board here all the guys are c-enthusiasts. If you ask on forabodiesonly everyone will tell you to sell it and built yourself a Demon like you really want it. It will be faster, too due to lesser weight.

Your car is rare and I wish it will find an owner who loves it exactly for what it is and does not think about an alternative.

Carsten

Ha, Ya think. Funny, I get more compliments from non-car people than I do from guys who have Chargers or Road Runners or Challengers. My car is a "tank" or "boat" or "boat anchor" to them.

I have a '65 Baracuda registered at the moment. It get's more looks than the '71 430 ragtop and I've gotten 2 notes about selling it left on it. My impression is as many as ask or comment are either confused (I learned to drive on a Mustang just like this) or not willing to pay for it and that was really my point. Cash value for C bodies (and early As) is not very strong and that's just a fact of life.

Back