New Jersey boys

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

I saw this posted on Moparts and havent seen it before. I thought some here may enjoy it like I did. It is 9 minutes of vintage footage from Atco and Englishtown ..... a lot of cool stuff and damn it brings back memories

I gotta watch it a couple more times. I saw at least one car from the Syracuse area.

Damn. Not available in Germany due to some unsolved issues concerning licenses for the used Music.

Musicans love Germany. The Copyright owners get a fee for every time a song of them is played in public media per law.

..and that is why our generation was heavily into cars and why the current ones are not so much. Not easy to find drag strips now that haven't been turned over to development. There seems to be only 12 in car crazy California today. Only two in the GREATER Los Angeles region which was not the case long ago. Now most are off in out of the way places like Bakersfield, Redding and Eureka.

Both Englishtown and Atco are still around . The lack of interest is not because we have less drag strips rather we have less drag strips because of lack of interest.

Both Englishtown and Atco are still around . The lack of interest is not because we have less drag strips rather we have less drag strips because of lack of interest.

Kind of like the chicken and egg argument. Out here I seem to remember drag strips starting to bite the dust in the late 80's in Southern California. Usually the issue would have been... land.

Back