New Member from NC

Boomer

Reaction score
Greetings - already posted a couple times but figured I should introduce myself here. Just another car nut, or truck nut, or tractors, or...well....at least I'm in good company.

Recently purchased a 1966 Chrysler 300 2dr that needs a little TLC so decided to join up. Have read the forum off and on for a while, never seemed to have time to get my act together though. Have a wife and 2.5 yr old daughter who keep me in a state of semi-conscious confusion most of the time.

Will have plenty of questions and hopefully can help someone out at some point. I can hold my own with electrical stuff, and I'm an expert at removing the top of the air cleaner to shove a screwdriver into the carb after the automatic choke closed at a traffic light.

welcome-0727-sexy.gif

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Pics please.

Hey! Welcome to the C-Body Emporium. Be forewarned. . . Yer gonna hafta post pictures of your car, or you will be pestered unmercifully.

Welcome Boomer, I'm in Greenville NC, we keep adding local FCBO members there just might be a club run in it. :)

Sorry about that! Here are a couple shots of the car. There's a bunch more in the C-Bodies forum.

Bob & Wollfen: I'm technically in Franklinton but closer to Wilton. Just a mile or two from the intersections of 56 & 96. I'm not a big fan of clubs due to past experiences with the egos, club politics, the few doing all the work, one or two who exist just to make problems, etc. But I'd certainly be interested in getting together locally for a meet or cruise night-kinda thing.

To the Floridians: my wife is a Tampa girl and primarily responsible for my ending up with this car because it 'has to have air'. Currently disconnected but with a leaky heater core, it's just as well. Everything is there, at least.

OTOH, I'm originally from VT, where men are men and sheep run scared. She tried living up there and did not care for it, so we met in the middle. Can't say I miss the place, it's changed a lot.

Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I'll try my best to stay out from under foot.

WA 300_2.jpg

WA 300_1.jpg

WA 300_4.jpg

Boomer I go through that intersection almost weekly on my way to Roxboro Dragway. One of my buds lives in Wilton. As for clubs. I'd try it again. I too was a member of TAM (Triangle Area Mopars) lots of egos & attitudes. That was 100 years ago so I guess I'll give it another shot. I may have meet you. Do you work for the power company?

Thanks guys. Really looking forward to getting it here and digging into it. Will definitely keep the group posted on progress.

Bob - nope, not with Wake Electric or Duke. Full time Mr Mom now. I figure if I can get through potty training a 2.5 yr old, I'll be able to handle anything the Chrysler can throw at me.

Here's a couple shots of one project the 300 is replacing. No time to finish and can't use it while I work on it, so....goodbye F-1s, hello Chrysler.

51Rear.jpg

52 F-1.jpg

Last edited:
Will do, Bob - thanks. Wonder if you bring a vehicle to that little gathering they have at the school in Youngsville in Sept? If so, I may have it somewhere in my photos. Brought the baby to it last year and took a bunch of photos. Saw a 68 New Yorker or 300, late 60s road Runner, mid 60s Fury and a few others.

No I have not. Thought about taking the Satellite, but the paint is getting bad. 16 + years old. Need repainting

Welcome from South Carolina and you have come to the right place for answers, they may not be right but you will get answers. C Body Bob will be a big help.

Back