New Reno member

Rajacic

Reaction score
Hi everyone from a fellow car nut. Originally from Chicago and now in Reno, I have owned many Mopars. Bought a new 1969 Dart 340 Swinger and went on to buy and sell 7 more 1969 Darts. I owned an original Mr. Norms 1971 Demon GSS that I took to the first ever Musclecar Nationals and won first place. Had a couple of other A and B bodies along the way. But the reason for joining your group is because in 1978 I bought a 1976 Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis with 6000 miles. It was beige with a dark brown padded top and velour interior. I loved that car and the ride was like on a cloud. Because of a layoff from work I had to sell it in '83 and now I am ready to get another one. I am hoping to make some C body friends and ask for help in finding and enjoying my new New Yorker. Joe

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome to FCBO, Joe.

What's your price range for your next one? I know a few for sale that aren't listed anywhere.

I am willing to pay for quality. I know what it costs to restore a car and I would rather pay a premium for a clean, low mileage, no rust car. I see most going for the $3000 - $5000 range so I expect to pay double that or more. I have also looked at the NYB in the midwest at the Jensen dealership offered at $12875. That may be high but I don't know. Yellow is not my color for an interior so I don't think I will be making an offer on that one. Let me know what is available.

Thanks for the welcome. I am still looking at New Yorkers for sale and have found quite a few. Looking at some of the photos here of the C bodies - is the stock 1976 NYB 3 spoke steering wheel that rare? Most of the cars have the 2 spoke padded wheel.

3 spoke is the standard steering wheel and 2 spoke is the optional tilt and telescoping steering wheel and they are not interchangeable.
Just about all the NYB's had the optional T&T and many of the Newports.
Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. I am still looking at New Yorkers for sale and have found quite a few. Looking at some of the photos here of the C bodies - is the stock 1976 NYB 3 spoke steering wheel that rare? Most of the cars have the 2 spoke padded wheel.

My 78 Newport has a no tilt or telescoping steering column but has a 2 spoke wheel. Why doesn't it have a 3 spoke wheel? I'll have to research this a little further. It also has the top of the line seats and door panels. DSC02973.jpgDSC02977.jpgDSC02978.jpgDSC02979.jpg

DSC02971.jpgDSC02965.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02977.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

I have the dealer albums from 74-78. I will look up this steering wheel vs tilt and tele and see if there is anything there.

I looked at all my Data Books and it seems that when you ordered the optional Tilt and Tele column you got the 2 spoke steering wheel. Has anyone seen the 3 spoke wheel on a non-tele car? Mine had the 3 spoke and it was non-tele.

The 2 spoke wheel is the Newport/ T&C non-tilt wheel. The 3 spoke is the NYB non-tilt wheel (1976 and up, I think- that 2 spoke non tilt came out in 76 as I recall up to 75 a non-tilt wheel was a 3 spoke that looked like this with or without horn ring)

75_Chrysler_0007.jpg

Back