Newer model Mopar radios in our old cars...is it possible

To a lot of people, a modern aftermarket radio with all the strobes, blingy displays, psychedelic lighting, and 952 unidentifiable buttons just don't look good in a classic luxury car. ESPECIALLY a single DIN head unit in a 1 1/2 DIN opening.

UGH>>>

car_radio.jpg

Wuts wrong with a little psychedelic lighting?

I'm going to go for one of the cd/cassettes. I'd rather keep the radio hole looking like its suppose to. The car has an am/fm that missing the side to side control. I found it had an old 8-track installed in the console which I am removing.

Stan do the radio have a provision for an electric antenna the one I have it broken. I figured while I have things out I'd look for the time delay.

thanks

I have one of them lighty things in my street rod...its a pain to figure out what your doing when driving.

If I remember correctly, the lead from the radio for the headlight illumination lamp goes to the LT. GREEN wire in the LIGHT SWITCH. Use a test light to make sure that it is the wire that become hot when you pull out the headlamp switch.

30vc2md.jpg

I don't have an antenna switch........original am/fm/cb radio. The antenna is broke and missing. I would like to eliminate the antenna on the fender and have a remote (generic am/fm) antenna similiar to my XM satellite antenna which is about 1"x1" and sticks to the windshield. Like I said previously, I could care less if the am/fm works........just want a connection to plug in and play my ipod.

You like these better then ? Picked this up on the fleamarket yesterday.

u001-17.jpg

001-17.jpg

Back