WANTED now what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltupal

Reaction score
Contact seller
I had heard about this decent 73 imperial for a few years. A friend took me to it.Compete running car solid. Guy said 1500.00 , but he couldn't " find" the title . I gave him half, told him I would give him the rest when he finds the title. I,m never going to get that title or see that guy again. Now I have another car at the farm.

Son of a.......

You can replace a "lost title" ONLY IF the car were in YOUR name to start with!!! You can NOT obtain a "lost title" on a car that is NOT currently in YOUR name. Ain't gonna work. If that were the case, i could go to a car show, find that winged Daytona, copy the numbers, and claim to the State that I just bought the car and darn, I misplaced the title...could you please send me a new title in my name??? Doesn't work like that.

Some states require you to get a judge to declare the car "yours" so you can get a title. Some states, you are just plain screwed. Other states require paperwork to be filed that includes sending a certified letter to the last known REGISTERED owner and go from that point. Yet others require you to register as an "authorized agent" for the former owner, which requires a notarized statement from the PO that lets you do this.

In Minnesota you can do a title search and get a new one in your name. Just need a vin. My old roommate used to do it all the time on cheap piles he bought.

I wonder if I can get title and a vin tag from one of those demo guys?

In Minnesota you can do a title search and get a new one in your name. Just need a vin. My old roommate used to do it all the time on cheap piles he bought.

I'm surprised you can do that. Since 9/11, the privacy laws have changed a great deal, especially with vehicle titles and registration. In OK, you have to be the legal, registered and title-holding owner of a vehicle to run a title search. Lawyers with a legitimate interest as it relates to a case, law enforcement, licensed car dealers, insurance companies and the courts are the only others here in OK that can run a title search. If it ain't yours, you get nothing.

Last edited:
IMG_0160.jpg20150610_172206.jpg20150618_185255.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

20150610_172206.jpg

20150618_185255.jpg

Are you selling this car? I have a hankering for a 69-73 Imperial

I have and offer of 800.00 for engine and tranny. 8 Trak radio is sold, It has a 323 suregrip rearend. Dash pad is good etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back