Oil pan woes

OK. Nobody's getting it so I'll speak loudly and clearly....

WTF IS WRONG WITH JUST INSTALLING (DEEP BREATH)....
THE STOCK REPLACEMENT STYLE PAN FROM MILODON ???

You don't need a ground scraper unless you are doing serious launches at the track.

The stock style plan doesn't have the notch for the idler so you might have the same problem. Has anybody used the pan to confirm fit?

Kevin

I bought the Milodon stock replacement pan twice.
It fit in a 1966 Fury with a 440.
It fit in a 1976 NYB with a 440.

I see Summit what appears and has what is described as the same as the Milodon and is cheaper.
I dunno....

I've got a nice 187 pan if this one doesn't "pan" out.
AA.jpg

AA.jpg

Doesn't look pretty but it works!

DSC00024.jpg
What possessed you to buy an eight qt knowing an eight qt couldn't possibly fit?
These things tend to happen when you put your faith in the salesman behind the counter. Its almost next to impossible to find an aftermarket pan for a c body.

DSC00024.jpg

Here's my gold!!! For $30 I'll take it with a smile. Had to go down to ecorse off of Jefferson ave. But I made it!Glad somebody around here still holds on to ole' Cbody stuff! Thanks for the lead to the millidon pan Stan! And thanks for the offer on the pan Matt! Very glad this one "panned" out! Thanks again for the insight and knowledge! I know I can come off like assh*le sometimes but I do appreciate everyone's guidance and inputs! You guys rock!(hug)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back