Original bill of sale

Dragging up an oldie here. Chrysler Historical had told me that my '67 Plymouth GTX was sold new at "Falls Church Garage, Inc" Looking at the IBM card, the best I can make out the dealer code is 35923
I have a reproduction window sticker and the address for Falls Church Garage is 357 South Washington St, just like the header in the OP's picture so I would assume the actual name of the dealer was Falls Church Chrysler Plymouth (Garage)

Going by the 1986 Dealer Directory the dealer code was 38923 (first line):

1986-dealers-127.jpg

The dealer code 38923 being within the range 35000 - 39999 the original dealership must have been a DeSoto-Plymouth dealer. It probably was one of those dealerships that in the early Sixties got a Chrysler-Plymouth Direct Dealer Agreement after DeSoto was cancelled.

Last edited:
In fact, their history goes back some more. From the late Forties I get this:

FALLS CHURCH GARAGE
DeSoto, Plymouth Sales & Service
Lee Hwy. & Hillwood Ave.
Falls Church FA 2300

There's also something about the history of the site before it became a dealership (page 3-8).

Update 1:
Washington St. is the name for a section of US Route 29 aka Lee Highway within Falls Church, VA, just to keep it simple. That name shows up in the bill of sale from the Sixties. But the corner at Hillwood Ave is a fixture.

Update 2:
A business operating under the name Falls Church Garage must have been in existence from at least 1917 until at least 1965. May have been a blacksmith shop during its humble beginnings. The old pic on the previous page is from 1948, and at that point they are DeSoto-Plymouth dealers. By the time the bill of sale was issued, the name of the business must have been changed to Falls Church Chrysler-Plymouth, Inc.

Last edited:
Can anyone come up with any other dealer specific items? Any trunk badging? License plate frames? Searching online and coming up empty. Like to have something made up using an original

Back