Parts question

Owen11x

Reaction score
Yay another what is it worth thread.

My great uncle has a collection of 60 years of parts b/c/e body will take forever to sort it all but he has clutch/brake pedal assembly from a 65 sport fury and he believes what c body stuff he. Has like trim and such is from a 65 sport fury. He doesn't want full price for anything. What's the clutch brake assembly worth?

If there will be any large car swap meets in your area, get a space and take some of the stuff out to it. Put the application on the parts and see what people will pay for it.

As for the clutch mechanism items, put "Rare 4-speed" on it and watch their reactions. They might figure out it can be the same as for a 3-spd Fury I, but hopefully after it's brought "muscle car" type prices. LOL

Heck, Mopar Nats is coming up. Buy a three day pass, park up close to the rear entrance, and just walk around with a sign on your back of what you've got. As you walk around to see what similar thingss are selling for. That way, you'd be in a good target market to get reasonable prices without giving anything away.

CBODY67

What's it worth VS what someone will pay are sometimes few and far between.. Post it up with an OBO price.
OBO prices are against the sale rules here. You need a price. OBO means you will take less.

I will add there's no holy Grail stuff in the collection obviously or we would have used it as we have B bodies in the family. He just didnt like to throw things away so he has PILES of the Nick nack small items and what not. No hemi stuff no 340 specific stuff. But it's mostly all Mopar stuff. And he has no Internet or cell phone.

I picked his brain on it a few weeks ago and he swore it was a 4 speed car but he also said to be fair it also could have been 3 on the tree its been 50 years or more

c body 4 speed stuff is rare , i paid a grand plus shipping for my parts package less trans , didn't want to ship one of those , got plenty .

DSC08595.JPG

DSC08596.JPG

DSC03444.JPG

No internet, no cellphone and wants local pickup - that's 2 strikes and #3 as a foul ball.
You might need to broker/ship these parts for him?

The pedals would be a reasonable price at $300 or so. Worth more if the other clutch rods and stuff are available.

~20ish years ago I bought and sold pedals and parts about 1-2 times a year. (I'd find them in a JY /6 car or buy from folks who didn't know they were for a C-body)
The pedals are but 1 small piece of the puzzle, so if he has other associated parts that really helps.
OTOH, when guys would find out that they'd need $1500 worth of stuff in addition to the pedals to convert a car to a MT, they'd often bail.

as i have shown , there are quite a few parts needed to make the auto to a833 4 spd conversion , i'm still trying to get shifter humps and torq bar and frame brackets made . but with only a few pre orders of these parts , the amount i'm thinking about producing is short , so i'm at the bottom of the list as far as priority go . but i've not given up .

Back