Possible skirt stay pin replacement?

James Romano

Reaction score
I came across these in the packaging of a stackable shoe/shelf storage unit I bought in Walmart. Looks about right, I can grind down and paint to fit.

Essentially it's the bottom pin that you screw into the upper unit when you stack them up. All I need are some lock nuts from Ace Hardware and they should be good.

We'll see...

IMG_20240814_161635271.jpg

Probably too large of diameter. Something like a roll pin of the correct diameter would probably be more correct? Measure the hole and head to Lowes or another place with a selection of them in their nut/bult selection area.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I came across these in the packaging of a stackable shoe/shelf storage unit I bought in Walmart. Looks about right, I can grind down and paint to fit.

Essentially it's the bottom pin that you screw into the upper unit when you stack them up. All I need are some lock nuts from Ace Hardware and they should be good.

We'll see...

View attachment 677504
How many skirt pins do you need?

We'll see...

View attachment 677504
I had to figure out what a "skirt stay pin" was... I quickly realized what it was though... I would call it a "fender skirt alignment pin". LOL!

I see no reason this would not work as long as the size is correct. In fact, this is a pretty impressive use of a common hardware part!

I'll be back in my garage next week. So I'll be able to size it up with some pics as well. But damn if it is t really close just by eye.

I had to figure out what a "skirt stay pin" was... I quickly realized what it was though... I would call it a "fender skirt alignment pin". LOL!

I see no reason this would not work as long as the size is correct. In fact, this is a pretty impressive use of a common hardware part!
Lol.. I couldn't think of a better description for it. Do I at least get a "E" for effort. Lmfao.

Finally got a moment to compare the parts against the original pins.... It's a fair comparison, but will need some cutting and grinding to make it fit properly. Also, the threaded portion is shorter, but should still fit considering the metal is fairly thin. I stead of the original nut, I could use a thinner nut with a star lock on it. It would hold fine. It's only a stay pin.

IMG_20240820_210704030.jpg

IMG_20240820_210638269.jpg

Back