RAMP Trucks: They do intrigue me as an option. But...

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
They have always been in the back of my mind for hauling old iron. But, the ones I see are always beat up and where the h#ll do you park them when they're just sitting and waiting for the next trip or show?
ramptrucks red1.jpg
ramp trucks red.jpg
ramp trucks whte.jpg
ramp trucker.jpg
ramp truck.jpg
ramptrucks.jpg

They sure are cool and awesome for shows or trips. I’ve came close to buying a few but changed my mind - even tho you can haul a car 24/7, you lose the extra utilities. Having a bed for wood, engine blocks, storage area, pulling cargo trailers etc. If you already had a secondary truck for other things I’d go for it. Park it in the back yard.

Years ago I bought a F350 Rollback. Pretty decent looking & in good shape. No doubt it came in handy. Just not often enough to justify owing it. It was a 400 gas 4 speed. 6 Mpg loaded. 8 empty. Sold it a year later.

I'd look for one with the flatter beds and the pull-out ramps, rather than one "on the slant" that puts the vehicle being hauled's headlights pointing toward the stars. Less vertical clearance issues that way. With the "closer to the ground" main bed surface, you can then add some sideboards to haul the wood and other things (properly restrained, of course. AND . . . then there's the issue of that looooonngger wheelbase and related maneuvering! Still can be good to have in the fleet, sometimes.

CBODY67

I'd look for one with the flatter beds and the pull-out ramps, rather than one "on the slant" that puts the vehicle being hauled's headlights pointing toward the stars. Less vertical clearance issues that way. With the "closer to the ground" main bed surface, you can then add some sideboards to haul the wood and other things (properly restrained, of course. AND . . . then there's the issue of that looooonngger wheelbase and related maneuvering! Still can be good to have in the fleet, sometimes.

CBODY67
A nice old Dodge version would be perfect...seems like more Chebbies surface when searching more so than not.

This one albeit kinda short for your purposes.
1984 Dodge Ram D300 Wedge Style Roll Back Ramp Truck
1984 Dodge Ram D300 Wedge Style Roll Back Ramp Truck - $3500 (staley)

This is a 1984 Dodge Ram D300 Wedge style ramp truck / car hauler. Clear NC title. We have been using this truck until recently when we purchased a larger roll back. 5.9L V8. It has aluminum slide outs. In the time we have owned it, we have replaced the ignition system (box, distributor, coil and resistor), the fuel pump, the front brake lines and pads, and some of the suspension (sway bar, tie rod ends and steering stabilizer bar). Great running truck.

Buyer - domestic or international - is responsible for shipping arrangements and cost or local pickup. We will be available to help with loading/pick up of vehicle. Any payment method other than cash must clear the bank (7-10 business days) before vehicle and title are released. This vehicle is being sold as is, with no warranty being written, expressed or implied.

00K0K_ijx8XFN9YJr_600x450.jpg

00K0K_ijx8XFN9YJr_50x50c.jpg
00f0f_4nvsbF7c8Dw_50x50c.jpg
01717_kQT1ppbFTac_50x50c.jpg
00S0S_8P8O79mWgK2_50x50c.jpg
00U0U_lD6g7GOOKME_50x50c.jpg
00606_5FWhkze5jwv_50x50c.jpg

Photo from 2016 Artioli Dodge show in CT. truck is owned by Labrecque Autocraft.

This one albeit kinda short for your purposes.
1984 Dodge Ram D300 Wedge Style Roll Back Ramp Truck
1984 Dodge Ram D300 Wedge Style Roll Back Ramp Truck - $3500 (staley)

This is a 1984 Dodge Ram D300 Wedge style ramp truck / car hauler. Clear NC title. We have been using this truck until recently when we purchased a larger roll back. 5.9L V8. It has aluminum slide outs. In the time we have owned it, we have replaced the ignition system (box, distributor, coil and resistor), the fuel pump, the front brake lines and pads, and some of the suspension (sway bar, tie rod ends and steering stabilizer bar). Great running truck.

Buyer - domestic or international - is responsible for shipping arrangements and cost or local pickup. We will be available to help with loading/pick up of vehicle. Any payment method other than cash must clear the bank (7-10 business days) before vehicle and title are released. This vehicle is being sold as is, with no warranty being written, expressed or implied.

View attachment 197998

View attachment 197999View attachment 198000View attachment 198001View attachment 198002View attachment 198003View attachment 198004
This one is a Cummins swap away from greatness

Good news...my wife is onboard with Ram 2500 or 3500...she's pointing them out in public. She likes the grill.:rofl:

Very cool trucks! I looked at a CC Dodge ramp truck years ago but didn't have a place to park it.

They have always been in the back of my mind for hauling old iron. But, the ones I see are always beat up and where the h#ll do you park them when they're just sitting and waiting for the next trip or show?
View attachment 197953 View attachment 197954 View attachment 197955 View attachment 197956 View attachment 197957 View attachment 197958

Don't let it sit, its a commercial vehicle designed to generate revenue. Haul other people's stuff for a dollar/1.50 a mile and make some cash to work on your own iron

Don't let it sit, its a commercial vehicle designed to generate revenue. Haul other people's stuff for a dollar/1.50 a mile and make some cash to work on your own iron
Thanks. I'm pretty busy with my day job to be hauling other people's stuff...I grew up around truckers in Kentucky...at one point early in life was headed in that direction then went a different way in road.

Back