1966 Chrysler Radiator Replacement Options??

Looking for a drop in or easily modified radiator to fit my car! I had been looking at aluminum radiators but no luck. I don’t have an original to recore and not going to attempt to reuse this crappy one in the car. Plus, nobody does radiators anywhere close to here anymore. Don’t want to spend $1000 on a radiator either! Yes I’ve searched through this forum but haven’t found a solution unless I’ve missed it.

I have a Chrysler Town & Country with a 440 and A/C. The car has a newer aftermarket brass radiator that is total junk. The radiator top tank came loose on a trip and I soldered it back in a parking lot. Slowly but surely the radiator is just kinda coming apart. The mounting brackets came loose which I had to solder back (in another parking lot) and then the bottom tank started leaking.

I’m guessing it’s an autozone type and the quality is obviously subpar. Looks like it may be the same as the one offered by Summit. No markings on the radiator that I can find. But it does fit perfectly! Seems nobody else can get it right…

I’m looking for a replacement radiator that will actually fit! I don’t know how 1966 compares to 1965 and back and 1967 and up or between Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth or A/C and non A/C but it seems anything offered does not actually fit my particular car.

Cold Case radiator (MOP757A) brackets won’t allow it to mount on my radiator support and won’t fit my fan shroud going off the measurements they provided me. Cold Case does “not do custom application” as I asked if I could just have the brackets welded on without any cuts or holes drilled so I could modify it myself to work.

What cars do these actually fit? I found several threads on these radiators being made “exact” to MoPars. 66-70 as listed by them obviously isn’t correct for all cars… The fan shroud mounting is a 4 inch difference in width! Mine is 25-1/4” stud to stud and they gave me a measurement of 21-1/4” hole to hole. I might could possibly make it work but I don’t want to drop $500 on a maybe. The mounting holes are all totally different with exception of maybe the top ones. But the top holes are drilled too close together by 1/2 inch. I don’t know if there is enough meat on the precut and drilled brackets to modify it to work?

The 26” ECP radiators (someone else recommended on another thread) are too narrow to work. Their fan shroud brackets won’t fit my Chrysler part #2579011 plastic shroud either.

I see other aluminum radiators listed for a ‘66 Chrysler but do they actually fit? It’s hard getting measurements of brackets and such from these vendors.

Below is the measurements of my radiator and fan shroud mounting brackets. The measurements are center to center on the holes and fan shroud studs.

Anyone got a solution? Anyone modified any radiators out there to work?

View attachment 677140
I've got a 2898061 radiator, no leaks and worked fine before I found the correct numbers rad for my 70 cuda and swapped it out. The number refers to a 1968 C-body 383 4bbl w AC. 26 inch. 2 core. On eBay item# 335529911583

Just make adapter plates for the ECP radiator. 2 flat pieces of aluminum from big box. Plus this allows exact lineup of the fan with the shroud. Paint it black if you want old school. Rustoleum ultra high heat BBQ has right sheen and minimal thickness.

Back