rubber flap on firewall 67 dodge polara

The Mechanic

Reaction score
hey guys, I have the engine out of my 67 polara and am going to paint the firewall and such. there was a black rubber or plastic oval kind of flap in the middle of the firewall attached with 2 little nubbies which of course tore off during removal. Can anyone tell me first of all what this piece is, and 2nd is there a replacement available from someone? I appreciate any info out there!!

That's the drain for the cowl. The flap keeps air pressure from the engine compt from getting into the cowl. Might find some small push-in retainers on the HELP! rack at the auto supply to fit the hole size in the metal?

CBODY67

Firewall cut out

It looks like Detroit Muscle Technologies has it, but not listed for a C-body.

I suggest figuring out the part number and comparing it. Get a parts manual at MyMopar

Thanks big John.

By reading the attached thread I was able to verify the correct one was actually the 62-65 B body firewall cowl drain flap for my car.

I certainly agree with Big John about checking the part number but look at this on Classic Industries website.

This is a long and varied list of vehicles. If I couldn't verify by part number I'd be willing to take the gamble.
1717520856587.png

the classic one looks like the long skinny one that wont fit a fury...DMT has the correct one but if you ask him he denies it fits...2167001...i was going to send him a pic of it installed on my car but i figured it might just annoy him

Last edited:
I got mine from DMT at a show. I am pretty sure he said it was the same or very close to the B bodies. But I don’t remember the year. Fit perfectly on my’68 Polara.

1958-1962 Chrysler uses one that looks the same. But I didn't measure it.

Back