'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
20160918_085149.jpg
20160918_085205.jpg
20160918_085216.jpg
20160918_085303.jpg
20160918_085421.jpg
My previous parts car was Rusty.....this one is Rusty too.....

So kind of sad story...judging by its appearance someone had good intentions when they put it in the garage in 81...they removed the seats, some of the trim etc...

Fast forward to 2016 and a friend of mine saw it pop up for sale...so he told me...r says later I was heading down to get it...

20160918_192807.jpg
20160918_194423.jpg
20160918_201227.jpg
20160918_201556.jpg
20160918_201606.jpg
20160918_201500.jpg
I got it home and as always my truck hauled the trailer and car like a champ. I used half a tank to drag the trailer down empty and back loaded the 160 miles.

I went looking for the bill of sale I got from the guy and that's when I found all of this. In total there is 6 dealer service invoices, the receipt for thier deposit, the bill of sale, the original title, the warranty book, sleeve, inserts and owners manual.

It was then I realized that I had taken the car from its first and only home....

Too bad that's so rough, especially since it was a one owner car. None of the slant six cars get any love.

View attachment 93860 View attachment 93861 View attachment 93862 View attachment 93863 View attachment 93864 View attachment 93865 I got it home and as always my truck hauled the trailer and car like a champ. I used half a tank to drag the trailer down empty and back loaded the 160 miles.

I went looking for the bill of sale I got from the guy and that's when I found all of this. In total there is 6 dealer service invoices, the receipt for thier deposit, the bill of sale, the original title, the warranty book, sleeve, inserts and owners manual.

It was then I realized that I had taken the car from its first and only home....
Seems odd that there is a safety inspection for the car if it was sold new. Those weren't done except for a transfer of a used car. Maybe it was a demo (they used to register them to the dealer back in the day), or some one traded it back in when they didn't like the performance of the car. Still a cool find, though. I see a little more research in your future.

A slanty is very cool in the fusie, but parts is parts, no new project here, keep moving along. Mount the fender tag in your vert or other "parts" car as tribute to where the parts came from. Wow, even I'm getting confused.

:steering:

Seems odd that there is a safety inspection for the car if it was sold new. Those weren't done except for a transfer of a used car. Maybe it was a demo (they used to register them to the dealer back in the day), or some one traded it back in when they didn't like the performance of the car. Still a cool find, though. I see a little more research in your future.
It was built March 7th 69 and purchased January 70 making it 9 months old then. I'm thinking likely a demo.

A lot of C-bodies those years sat on the lot for over a year.
The giveaway on this one is the mechanical fitness certificate, though. That shows that the car had been registered previously, but most likely to the dealer, and was used by one lucky salesman as his "free" ride.

The giveaway on this one is the mechanical fitness certificate, though. That shows that the car had been registered previously, but most likely to the dealer, and was used by one lucky salesman as his "free" ride.
Bingo! A friend of mines neighbour as a kid was a Chrysler salesman. He had a few Demo's some he bought for himself if he liked them.

A clapped out Fury I with enough paperwork to choke a horse and that super clean 71 Imperial in Seattle that has no title...am I the only one sensing the irony?

I used to have a 68 Fury I 4 dr sedan slant 6...loved it. Sold it when the windshield got cracked by a stone and I couldn't get a replacement (pre internet days).

You have a goldmine in cast electrical fittings there. Well, not a goldmine, but you might get a few buck for that stash in the trunk and on the driver's floor.

You have a goldmine in cast electrical fittings there. Well, not a goldmine, but you might get a few buck for that stash in the trunk and on the driver's floor.
Yep, a bunch of condulets there. They go for $10-30. If they say Crouse Hinds on the side, they were made here in Syracuse.

Clean them up and sell them on Ebay.

Please save the original trunk mat for a pattern. The currently available repros by REM need a major tune up. I've been saving a bunch of originals to use as patterns .Hopefully we can get some accurate ones made....the fit on some of the ones on the market right now is horrible. Whats the part # on the back of the mat ?

Back