SF GT

Carona

Reaction score
Recently came into possession of February 1996 issue of Chrysler Car Enthusiast magazine and there was a feature article on this SF GT owned, at the time, by Ron Dawson. No mention of a VIN #. Don't know if Ron or this car has been mentioned on here yet. If he, or the current owner of this car is on here, the magazine is free to you plus shipping. Car is listed as being FY4 Citron Mist with Gatorgrain black top.
SF GT2.jpg
SF GT.jpg

I agree with @Marv. I'm pretty sure this is Guy's car and I hope to see it at BBTR this year in person for the first time!

Exactly, this is my car, FY4, V1G.. the VIN is PH23T0D116135.
I bought it in 2010 from my friend Carsten in Germany.
Here is a recent photo and the tag

@Carona , thank you for posting this, I send you a pm.

1970.Plymouth.SFGT.2022.05.186.jpg

DSC_8536.JPG

@fc7_plumcrazy Carsten will you attend the classic US car meet at Hüttblek thursday ? Perfect distance for a c body ( especially for the GT ):D

otherwise I figure we´ll meet Sunday in Kaunitz

@fc7_plumcrazy Carsten will you attend the classic US car meet at Hüttblek thursday ? Perfect distance for a c body ( especially for the GT ):D

otherwise I figure we´ll meet Sunday in Kaunitz

no, I won't be in Hüttblek. Probably at a local meet or Holland.
I plan to be in Kaunitz but not with the SFGT. It is currently in maintenance, we rebuilt the steering box etc and I hope it will be back on the road for the BBTR fuselage meet.

Carsten

Well, I just came across another SF GT in a recently acquired Feb. '94 issue of Mopar Action magazine. This one was owned, at the time, by a Marvin Hughes of Ocala FL. It is said to be a numbers matching 440 Super Commando that is in it's original "Plum Crazy" (InViolet?) paint. No Vin# or fender tag in article. If anyone on here has a connection to this vehicle I would be happy to pop the magazine into the mail to them if they want it!

IMG_1088.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely it. I can see the rectangular primer area on the hood in your picture and the magazine photo.

Back