Snowflake ???

California is a pretty big bubble itself. And it’s about to burst.

keeping working for the "man" and he will snatch it before you even see it.
Agree with your post and as you allude capitalism is a double edged sword. No more efficient creator of wealth exists. However only through a vigilant democratic government can you avoid the unregulated abuses resulting from the division of labour. Sadly our governments in the Western democracies have mostly failed to curtail the undue influence of wealthy by enacting meaningful campaign finance reform.

No. Iowa.

Please....how do you deal with "income inequality " without negating the value of the individual to society?

Please...I don't have the time to waste trying to convince you that everything is not just fine the way it is without doing anything. Maybe you could find some answers in your link to the real world - Mad Magazine. Like I said......................

Please...I don't have the time to waste trying to convince you that everything is not just fine the way it is without doing anything. Maybe you could find some answers in your link to the real world - Mad Magazine. Like I said......................

It was your position, unless you were just parroting, I figured you could defend it with a solution and was giving you the opportunity to do so.

I was pointing out that while it sounds really good in a sound bite, that historically, socially, anthropology and common sense tells you "income inequality " has existed since the dawn of man and "income equality" is a ludicrous concept unless you have a totally authoritarian/slave society where all labor is on equal footing and the individual is subjugated. It is an incompatible concept with a free society.

The only reason to utter the words is to foster an "us vs them" class discontent. It worked in the French Revolution and for Karl Marx but not for any length of time. It's failed in Cuba, Russia, and other parts of the world.

There's a reason why a guy that bats .350 will always make more money than the guy that bats .200.

Yep...got all of that from More Trash #8.

It was your position, unless you were just parroting, I figured you could defend it with a solution and was giving you the opportunity to do so.

I was pointing out that while it sounds really good in a sound bite, that historically, socially, anthropology and common sense tells you "income inequality " has existed since the dawn of man and "income equality" is a ludicrous concept unless you have a totally authoritarian/slave society where all labor is on equal footing and the individual is subjugated. It is an incompatible concept with a free society.

The only reason to utter the words is to foster an "us vs them" class discontent. It worked in the French Revolution and for Karl Marx but not for any length of time. It's failed in Cuba, Russia, and other parts of the world.

There's a reason why a guy that bats .350 will always make more money than the guy that bats .200.

Yeah, I have a friend that continues to maintain he will someday restore some of his cars. But he also knows that in his search for ultimate perfection, he will never achieve it - so he does nothing. And fails.

Fratzog has one approach that could help. I have others, but won't enumerate them. See if you can come up with some on your own - it would be a good exercise for you for a change.........

You're wasting your breath, you would have a better chance of getting through to a telephone pole.

Yeah, I have a friend that continues to maintain he will someday restore some of his cars. But he also knows that in his search for ultimate perfection, he will never achieve it - so he does nothing. And fails.

Fratzog has one approach that could help. I have others, but won't enumerate them. See if you can come up with some on your own - it would be a good exercise for you for a change.........

I see.

Post a position. When challenged with an opposing view based on facts, the best position is to not vigorously defend it but to defer and deflect. Disparage as needed.

Fratzog alluded to western governments. If his and your approach include a third party intervention and enforcement, then you are reinforcing my point.

You must subjugate the individual initiative and punish the successful.

Pretty sure that was the fold in for issue 127.

Last edited:
I don't want to hurt feelings, because I do have empathy for other people. But I feel like the arguments to "equalize" anything based on outcome (or income) have got to be very frustrating for those who make them. It's like arguing for a perpetual motion machine... it would be so liberating, wonderful, etc. and there seem to breakthoughs or new materials that would get it so close to reality. But the sad fact is such a machine violates the laws of nature, as so does every version of "equality" we've yet witnessed on earth.

Say that some new hyper-ceramic material will get us closer to a disc spinning in a vacuum without degrading. The political equivalent is to say "we just haven't found the right regulation or enough funding" Yet the perfect system eludes the world. Thusfar the US has gotten the closest, but it's hardly perfect. There are always examples to point out.

The only thing I've found to work would be these hardly inclusive bullet points...

1) don't dwell on the past.
2) don't focus on the success of strangers.
3) don't have purely materialistic goals.
4) don't pay interest on depreciating assets.
5) know the difference between need and "want". Be willing to ignore wants.
6) whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

senators.jpg

Back