Source for belt-line side trim clips '67 ('68?) Monaco / Polara

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This pertains to the 1-inch wide trim strip on the '67 Monaco (maybe Polara also had it, maybe the '68 models also had it?). It might also be applicable to any other model with a similar style narrow trim strip? Here's a photo:

684.jpg

The original white plastic clips really can't be re-used (I don't see how). A long time ago I made up some alternatives from thin sheet metal, with a bolt welded (braised) to it. I made a few more of those today (used solder) and they'll get me through what I need in the short term. The front fender needs 8 of these on each side. But I'm going to need a lot more for the rest of the car. I will probably just make them, unless someone is reproducing these - and they work well?

This pertains to the 1-inch wide trim strip on the '67 Monaco (maybe Polara also had it, maybe the '68 models also had it?). It might also be applicable to any other model with a similar style narrow trim strip? Here's a photo:

View attachment 683434

The original white plastic clips really can't be re-used (I don't see how). A long time ago I made up some alternatives from thin sheet metal, with a bolt welded (braised) to it. I made a few more of those today (used solder) and they'll get me through what I need in the short term. The front fender needs 8 of these on each side. But I'm going to need a lot more for the rest of the car. I will probably just make them, unless someone is reproducing these - and they work well?
[/QUOTE. R/T specialties in Falls, Pa. Is probably your best bet.

Back