Stored 14 Years: 1969 Plymouth Fury III

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
1969 Plymouth Fury m | eBay

https://barnfinds.com/stored-14-yea...tm_source=Newsletter+(Daily)&utm_medium=email

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I hope it doesn't end up in a derby. Terrible time to sell the car also.

Very low optioned 318 car with incorrect front seat. Minor dings in the body. It will need a bunch of work to get it road worthy. Full brake system, tires, hoses, belts and probably a full fuel system clean out and repair. Needing that much work, the seller is going to be lucky to get $1k for it.

Dave

If only it had been stored for 44 years. Still, at $1800 it could make a decent winter beater for someone.

Some see past beauty and future attributes. Others see "issues". Others see future possibilities. All of which blend unfortunate reality. Everybody has their own "filters" in these areas.

At the very worst it would be a good parts car ,but it would be nice to see someone rescue her.

Now EBAY says this on the listing....

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

Probably got sick of all the annoying messages ridiculing the car.
From the Barnfind detectives on whether it's a Furry III or II, it's a wreaked Fury III that had a Fury II front clip put on it. My 1968 Fastop was the same, but for a $100 car I never really put much thought into why it had Fury II emblems on the front fenders.

Enlarge Fury II Emblems:

1969.Plymouth.Fury.II.LRG.cut.jpg

Door Jam Enlargement:

1969.Plymouth.Fury.II.or.III.Door.Weather.Strip.LRG.jpg

This extra weatherstiping was most likely added because the door opening is out of wack.

The free 1968 Dodge Monaco Fastop I got to use the stub for my 2nd PK21 was like this but even worse as when I first got the car into a warm garage to look it over I felt that the front carpet was soaking wet and in finding out why you could see where the hack body person had punched hole(s) through the cowl area with a portapower trying to get the door opening back. Further inspecting revealed the Dodge had been hit LF headlight to LR taillight.
Stub was bent too, causing the swaybar to rub through the oil filter and the numpty drove it till the 383 seized. So the whole car was just junk to me, useless.

Another reason I don't like Hardtops as with age the weather striping goes and the wind noise increases, not so bad if you just drive around town with all windows down and your arm resting on the door looking cool and waving to every passer by. But at 80+ mph on the highway the wind whistle gets right tiring after about 30 miles.

Punched out taillights and broken rear glass and who knows what else lurks underhood or frame wise makes this a 'I'll take it away for scrapyard price' only.

I'm surprised no one tried to pass this one off as low miles with the 30k on the clock.
We'll wait for the BaT posting on that.

Back