Tachometer in the Fuselage era?

BLIMP

Reaction score
Hey guys was there a factory optional dash mounted tach for the 72 Monaco? A small one where my inoperable clock is located would be interesting.

Not that I know of but '69 & '70 Furys had them as an option and they took the place of the clock. Very hard to find and very pricy. Maybe it could be adapted.

This is what the 69 / 70 Sport fury one looks like

Sport fury Tachometer.jpg

However I found this one in my research and imagine it could be modified "possibly" ......

CS157 1968 1970 B Body Square Dash Tachometer 1966-74 A B E-Body

tac120.png

Oh those are both nice looking, thanks for posting...I'm wary to ask the current value after reading what my needed washer reservoir is going for

If you're concerned about absolute accuracy, most tachs of that era (mainly the aftermarket ones) had a stated plus/minus percentage of accuracy in their specs. What this allegedly means is that a reading for an 8000rpm tach would be less accurate than a 6000rpm tach. On the other hand, if we consider the total needle sweep, that stated rpm tolerance might end up being less.

Might be possible to adapt the '68 Road Runner factory in-cluster tach?

CBODY67

Oh those are both nice looking, thanks for posting...I'm wary to ask the current value after reading what my needed washer reservoir is going for

Be prepared to pay over a grand for a NOS unit. Probably 1200 or more now. A good used one will surely get 800 plus

It's fun learning this stuff, thanks for sharing info

got 450.00 for the last one on ebay.. but it was mint.. this one is nice..

Back