Taking the bench seat out

I know that ACC (Auto Custom Carpet) makes carpet to fit your car. Wide selection of colors, weights, styles and backings.
I think if you look around on the web and compare descriptions it becomes obvious that ACC is making carpet for a lot of the other "Upholstery and Trim" suppliers selling on line.
The price they list is full retail. If you have a business tax id number and have a small restoration shop in your garage
you can probably open an account. Opening discount is around 50%

Damn, I have a IRS business tax ID number for my office. My garage looks like a little shop with all the needed goodies for eight cars. Hmm...

Damn, I have a IRS business tax ID number for my office. My garage looks like a little shop with all the needed goodies for eight cars. Hmm...
If you decide to sell on eBay they will ship directly to your customer

I have an account at ACC and I am getting ready to order carpet for my '76 T&C.
if anyone wants or needs carpet I would be happy to order for you at cost. It will ship directly from factory. PM me after your details after you have looked at their website.
i will call them and verify cost and shipping.

well, I wound up going with trim parts carpet. looks right, but I don't know bout fitment yet. Ill report back on that.

A little more progress today...lexol'd all the soft parts and buffed all the {pot} metal parts. Quite an improvement if I do say so myself. lol

DSC04513.jpgDSC04515.jpgDSC04516.jpg

the bottom part of the back seat had some what looked like nail polish on it...took some non-acetone acetone and took it off.

still have to lexol (clean and condition) the seats themselves, remove the a-pillar trim and the rear window trim, and take out the package tray and re-paint it.

once all that is out, I can take the headliner out to scrub it clean and replace the insulation.

If you're going to do it, do it once and do it right!

You can kinda see where the non-acetone acetone left a little blotch on the seat in the first pic. it's a helluva better than purple nail polish though! lol

DSC04517.jpgDSC04518.jpg

DSC04513.jpg

DSC04515.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

DSC04518.jpg

ACC's quality went downhill several years ago. I used their carpets way back in the 80's up to around 2000 when the tragic plane crash killed the main company owners and officials. The company almost went under then. Family members stepped up and took over but it was never the same. Quality went down and prices went up.
I was very dissaponted in the last two carpet sets I bought from them. There are better quality carpets avaliable, and for less money

ACC's quality went downhill several years ago. I used their carpets way back in the 80's up to around 2000 when the tragic plane crash killed the main company owners and officials. The company almost went under then. Family members stepped up and took over but it was never the same. Quality went down and prices went up.
I was very dissaponted in the last two carpet sets I bought from them. There are better quality carpets avaliable, and for less money
Good to know. I have not purchased from them in a while.
Got any recommendations?

Looks like they buy their carpet from Trim Parts.
i wonder if Trim Parts are actually making their own. Can't be that many people making custom molded carpet.

I believe Trim Parts is molding their own carpet. They are the only ones I've seen that are Mopar licensed.

http://www.trimparts.com/static/manufacturing/

The carpet I got for my 300 is great, the price was good and the shipping was fast. Having used ACC carpet sets in the past, my Trim Parts carpet had more extra material to trim... I came up short with a B-body set one time.

Chances are good that the carpet is just molded at ACC and Trim Parts. Most likely they buy the carpet from some carpet manufacturer.

BTW, here's a video I found about molding carpet. I thought it was interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. They seem to make a very nice product. The molding process seems to produce sharper more well defined contours.

Back