Upgrade to Sanden compressor or rebuild original one?

64Imperial

Reaction score
I'm kinda stuck between rebuilding my original ac compressor or buying a new one, is the original as efficient? 1964 Imperial

I went with a Sanden and a serpentine system.

20180817_141218.jpg
20180817_115114.jpg

That set up is incredible!
Are those fittings for the heater inlet and return specific to a hose that you haven't crimped yet?
do you have any pics of this completed?

What ac condenser did you use? I need a larger one but how did you do your set up?

I bought my condenser from a company in California that manufactures and sells just condensers. I can't remember the company name. I do remember that I had to order a condenser for a 76 Dodge Royal Monaco and it bolted right in. I thought the name might of been accondenser.com. I don't know if they are still in business or changed the name. I bought it 8-10 years ago.

I bought my condenser from a company in California that manufactures and sells just condensers. I can't remember the company name. I do remember that I had to order a condenser for a 76 Dodge Royal Monaco and it bolted right in. I thought the name might of been accondenser.com. I don't know if they are still in business or changed the name. I bought it 8-10 years ago.
Wow, that long???

Not a low cost task. I updated mine about 8-9 years ago. cvfracing.com has the brackets, both serpentine and v-belt. I went with the vbelt because it cost a lot less. Little dirty in this photo but it shows what it looks like. I cleaned it up after this photo.
IMG_0864[1].JPG

You will need to change the PS pump to a saginaw version. The hoses connect with no issues. Make sure you get the studs on the back of the pump when you buy it. Bolts don't work, they slowly leak. NAPA was the lowest cost, used a 72 chevelle to find it in their inventory. The pipe going to the expansion valve/evaporator is the only critical part to save. The rest of the hoses and fittings can be found online. You will need the crimping tool:
IMG_0726.JPG

Back