For Sale Wanted Imperial or NY'er

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRV, I contacted that 67 seller when I found it on CL about 4 weeks ago. Made an offer dependant on inspection, and he said no.

Did think it was odd that it says no AC, when dash shows a rear AC switch. Has he removed AC and what else was done.? I am not fussed about AC , more concerned with having heating work ! Can't see a compressor on engine pic. Pics are all dated 2016 too ?

I thank you for the link and pics, all much appreciated.
No worries. Hope you find the right car.

CRV, I contacted that 67 seller when I found it on CL about 4 weeks ago. Made an offer dependant on inspection, and he said no.

Did think it was odd that it says no AC, when dash shows a rear AC switch. Has he removed AC and what else was done.? I am not fussed about AC , more concerned with having heating work ! Can't see a compressor on engine pic. Pics are all dated 2016 too ?

I thank you for the link and pics, all much appreciated.
Rear air is just a defogger, not ac. I have my electric fuel pump wired up to that switch since I removed the defogger motor for the much preferred dual rear speaker option.:p

I stand corrected Matt :thankyou: I thought there was a version with switchable AC to rear , maybe I dreamt that :wideyed:

I may get back to him again if none of the other leads pay off and see if he is willing to negotiate. Location is ideal for shipping out from NYC, the cheapest and quickest to Blighty.

The 67 Crown looks pretty nice, especially the interior. Look how clean that clear steering wheel is.....It seems to have a Rhode Island plate on it, so the lack of AC isn't surprising. If you don't really need it where you are, it's one less, expensive/vintage system to maintain at this point. One thing to remember with Facebook postings is that you have to select either convertible or sedan (no hardtop option), and as such, there are a LOT of "mis-labeled" hardtop listings there.

The 67 Crown looks pretty nice, especially the interior. Look how clean that clear steering wheel is.....It seems to have a Rhode Island plate on it, so the lack of AC isn't surprising. If you don't really need it where you are, it's one less, expensive/vintage system to maintain at this point. One thing to remember with Facebook postings is that you have to select either convertible or sedan (no hardtop option), and as such, there are a LOT of "mis-labeled" hardtop listings there.

Agree with what you say, no real need for AC for me and from living with a 62 Cadillac for a while with old unreliable technology, less is more for the older cars.
I'm using a programme to search for cars on FB which finds everything posted everywhere in USA, using whatever terms you input. Been very few things I haven't seen, nothing is perfect. I also use similar for CL but it does miss a few, but also includes Canada.

I contacted the seller again at the weekend of the 67, not the most flexible guy to deal with and not very forthcoming about anything, curt is how I'd describe him. I left offer on the table and up to him to accept or not, I expect he will not budge. If I lived in USA I'd have bought it, but I have to add $5k minimum to the asking price for shipping/tax expenses.

Detmatt contacted the seller of the red NY'er twice on my behalf, but no response. No idea why you'd advertise a car for sale with no phone number or email then not respond to the messages you ask for ?! I can't see the pics in large format as it may have a sign in background which may have clue as to who is selling, maybe a dealer ?

So in words of a U2 song
"I still havent found what I'm looking for"

Some listings are repeated from other sites, and not REALLY available anymore, so buyer beware. Good luck with your search, are you trying to stick with cars already in Europe, or are you looking for stateside as well - guess it depends on a benefit outweighing cost in terms of international vehicle shipping, which I know nothing about.

If I ever leave the DC area (after I FINALLY retire from full time working) it will hopefully be to a place where AC isn't really needed...….. for me the "season" for car shows is April-May when weather is nice, and with the virus going around, they were ALL cancelled, now it's getting too hot.....

No Sedans for me ! Was a really nice one on BAT which ended yesterday, a little mod'ed wheels and engine etc, but easy to return to stock. Somebody got a great car, bar the sedan part
:poke:

The red one linked to would have been great even though high miles.

How far are you from Lake City, Minnesota? There are several '67-'68 NYB's & Imperials on auction! Marring Auction, June 27th.

How far are you from Lake City, Minnesota? There are several '67-'68 NYB's & Imperials on auction! Marring Auction, June 27th.

Unfortunatley I'm from Scotland Robert so not able to make that. The JG auction cars are more in line with what I'm looking for but again can't make that. I know its online too, but arranging transport and payments in short timeframes make it too difficult to bid. I did contact Jim directly but he was not helpful. I'd have bought either of the coupes or the Le Baron if he had been willing to sell upfront at the right price. No reserves on any of the cars, so hoping he gets burnt with low offers and members here get a bargain.:thumbsup:

^^ OMG! I apologize....I didn't even look and see where you're from!! In that case, there's nothing there worth the expense....My apologies again!

Nothing to apologise for Robert !
Nice for you to have taken the time to try to help.:thankyou:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back