Welcome JM_ART to FCBO!

Hi everyone. I’ve always loved Chrysler C Bodies and finally bought one, a ‘68 New Yorker. The original owner gave it to his nephew before he passed away, and I’m the third owner. She was garaged by the first owner whenever she wasn’t being driven, and it shows. The body is straight and all metal, and there’s no scary rust underneath. The 440 and transmission were rebuilt and, as of Christmas 2019, had around 300 miles total on the rebuilds. No groaning, odd noises, odd smells while driving it.

We’re planning on rebuilding the front suspension, replacing the front drums with discs, rebuilding the rear drums, and replacing all the brake lines. Cosmetics and creature comforts can come later.

We bought the NY in Indiana, and began driving it back to Missouri. However, it failed to start after being refueled in Decatur, IL, and now many of the electric accessories don’t work. I’ll start a thread about this ailment soon, because I’d enjoy reading the opinions of those more knowledgeable than me so I can fix it and get it running again.

Looking forward to “getting to know” everyone soon!

Safe skies!

-John

D3640C36-1F16-4429-94CE-E84089607BA9.jpeg

Thank you! I have a friend who’s looking at a ‘70 LeBaron two door. Spiffy looking cars! I was actually looking for ‘68 Imperials when I saw and ad for my ‘68 New Yorker. Hard to pass it up. For now, we call it “The Red Manace” since it has electrical goblins and is now causing us headaches. Ha!

Welcome Aboard,
Congratulations on your new toy and we will help you get it straightened out....
This is a great site with a lot of great people... You will be glad you are part of the community.....

Welcome Aboard,
Congratulations on your new toy and we will help you get it straightened out....
This is a great site with a lot of great people... You will be glad you are part of the community.....
Thanks! I’m already learning quite a bit from searching the forums and reading posts. It’s a friendly community! I’m thinking a large part of getting her started again may be bypassing the ammeter, keeping that wiring from running through the bulkhead, and then focusing on the other items separately. Cheers!

Back