What are you working on today??

Just a 110, 4 speed manual, Monza. A co worker was retiring and moving out of state. This one needs tlc, but can still be daily driven.
Post up a pic of the 66.
IMG_4678.jpeg

I almost got my polara ready for the season when this happened.

Had me a little duel moment.

Finally the stars aligned and I was able to get the cars out of the garage after what seemed to be an endless winter. It would warm up, then rain and all would be good, then it would snow and the road salt would get dumped and that would repeat itself for almost a month now.

Anyway... First time outside with the whitewalls on it! I've never been a big fan of whitewalls, but this car needed them. I got a deal on the tires/wheels from @Margos Dezirian a couple months ago and it was money well spent.

TA642QQ.jpg

Dj64erf.jpg

2004 Beetle fuel pump. Clean car, promises to be a pain in the butt to keep in service.

Annoying, but an easy fix.

Its been fixed, I also ended up replacing a few other hose just to be safe.

Now I'm going for extra credit. I've got the clock on the work bench as it's the only thing that doesn't work in the interior.

I drug big rocks out of a flower garden in preparation for ground breaking in a big remodeling project that 1) my cousin is taking the two car garage, and it’s being replaced with a 4 car garage. We’re also adding a breezeway to connect the house to the garage. We’re re-roofing the entire house, new furnace and air conditioning, heated floors in the breezeway and adjacent sunroom, urethane chip floors in the garage and replumbing the propane lines to have one 1,000 gallon tank, which will feed the house and generator.

Project will be done before Thanksgiving.
We are absolutely thrilled.
My wife and I decided to stay here until we can’t, so we’re making the place more convenient for us.

IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0206.jpeg

Took advantage of a nice spring day. Started to dig around in the vehicle storage that dad used to and I now rent. And I found the original wheels and tires that came on my Imperial. I forgot just how heavy and ugly the wire caps were.

I was surprised the Plasti-kote silver bumper chrome paint still looks good. At least for a rattle can customization 18 years ago. Heck, I don't remember even prepping the rusted steel, just shot. Part of me wants to slap fresh rubber on, paint it black and add trim rings w/spider caps. Another part wants to keep the budget "chrome" look. Just thought of changing this up a bit. I'll probably be keeping the lace aluminums on anyway
IMG_20240415_140850869.jpg

Back