What car would you own if it couldn’t be a C Body?

I'd love to find a Special Value Package '76 Torino like my dad had, silver-over-red; I loved that car growing up and a lust to find another one has been with me ever since.

Other than that, though, I'm happy that I've been able to acquire most of my "dream cars" already ^_^. A '94-96 Roadmaster sedan, an '88-91 Grand Marquis... yeah, I have pretty simple dreams!

I also wouldn't turn down a good Oldsmobile Achieva or a '91-'96 98... 'cause I'm weird like that :lol:

While my 69 Newport is my favorite and I love the 78 New Yorker I just bought. I have a few others in process or waiting in line.
I've had my 66 Galaxie 38 yrs. She's almost 4 yrs into her rebuild.
I've got a 67 Impala waiting in line.
Finally my 07 Crossfire is almost as much fun to drive as my Newport.

20240331_182227.jpg

20230326_153641.jpg

20240422_135705.jpg

1970 442 convertible in Aztec Gold 4 SPD.
57 Chevy....any flavor
Ecto 1 replica. This one would be the end all be all for me. You couldn't keep me out of it. : )

Always was attracted to either 1969 caprice classic 427 or impala ss, or 1971 caddy coupe deville.

Anything, really. The best thing about most C bodies, is they are a cheap enough car, you can usually buy another car too.

I have been eyeing up the Colonnade cars lately, particularly the Lemans and Cutlass.

Wouldn't mind me an 80s Toyota Crown with the 1UZ V8...

The fender mirrors would be great to use. Air suspension might be a problem since the parts are no longer available, but there is at least one aftermarket option available, albeit not cheap. Body on frame which is pretty neat too. And the same guys that make the air suspension also make a kit for sticking a 5 speed behind it...
Plus, the VFD speedo looks really neat
1723948239214.png

I think this question goes in 2 different directions...what do you wish you could own vs what could you actually afford to buy/restore?

Impossible for me to even begin to narrow it down. I also have GM cars and I came from and have B body. So to make it kind of more reasonable. Rather than 100's different Gm cars over a 30 year period and no B bodies. Not even the A12 Bee. I would rather be asked what Ford would I pick if I had to drive one....
Mid size or larger for sure..
Galaxie with a gear box of several body styles in the running. Mercurys.. a Marauder maybe. No Cougars even though I really like them..
71 torino I think is gold and affordable.
First Gen Bronco the first automobile I was ever in ...

It's really hopeless.
When I was 15 B and E bodies had me mesmerized. But the older I get I like 90% of pre 74 cars.

I guess I would drive whatever I tripped over.
That's how I have gotten the others

I’m ok with the fleet we own:

48 Dodge pickup
65 Ranchero
65 Mustang
66 Corvair Monza vert
67 Corvair vert (parts)
67 Plymouth Sport Fury (parts)
68 Plymouth Fury II 4 door sedan
69 Plymouth Fury III vert
95 Buick Roadmaster Limited
99 F250 crew cab 4wd 7.3 (parts)
2000 F250 crew cab 2wd 4.6 gas
2002 F350 crew cab 4wd 7.3
2003 F250 crew cab 4wd 7.3
2005 Chrysler Crossfire
2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38’ diesel pusher
2020 Ford Bronco 2.4 turbo

I’m ok with the fleet we own:

48 Dodge pickup
65 Ranchero
65 Mustang
66 Corvair Monza vert
67 Corvair vert (parts)
67 Plymouth Sport Fury (parts)
68 Plymouth Fury II 4 door sedan
69 Plymouth Fury III vert
95 Buick Roadmaster Limited
99 F250 crew cab 4wd 7.3 (parts)
2000 F250 crew cab 2wd 4.6 gas
2002 F350 crew cab 4wd 7.3
2003 F250 crew cab 4wd 7.3
2005 Chrysler Crossfire
2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38’ diesel pusher
2020 Ford Bronco 2.4 turbo

That 95 Roadmaster ain't no joke. Very much under rated method of transportation.

Hands down, #1 would be the 2016-2018 Gen 5 Viper GTS-R
Pictures are both 16 ACR's, close. I'd be happy with ACR,GTS or T/A
viper will eat you.jpg
viperACRc.jpg

Next would be a Koenigsegg Gamera or possibly a Jesko/absolute (on the right)
koenigsegg-gemera 1.jpg
koenigsegg-jesko-absolut 2.jpg

Since exotics are probably not possible the old car I would want would be a 71 Hemi cuda black with red or blue interior
Black exterior and a vert would only be heavy icing on the cake.
1970-hemi-cuda-convertible-black-blue.jpg
1970-hemi-cuda-convertible-auction.jpg

And of course, a Dukes of Hazard car

dukes3.jpg

I'm with you on this one. I love the last batch of Vipers, they went all out on them.
By far the baddest cars on the planet. I aspire to own one before I turn to dust.
The race track records are very impressive for the 5th gens basically beating all their competition.
No turbos, no super chargers, no dual clutch, has abs and traction control but not needed necessarily.
This is a true hands to the street race car without computer systems to control the car like most modern race cars.

There is a road and track episode where they drive the 5gen around a race track and they drive all the other competing brands along side and the viper was the best car on the turns with one hand and a coke can in the other. It is said that this thing sticks the turns and eats the G's.

Back