What did you do to your C-body today....

Took advantage of the 70°f Minnesota March weather and cleaned my girl up.

But now I'm noticing that the tires are starting to show their age. (2008 iirc) Now the hard part:
Do I keep the white walls and lace aluminums?
Go with the original black rims rwl dishes or spider caps?
Or should I try a set of 50 year old customs that dad had on his Chevy Van and Caprice when I was growing up. (Supposed to be uni-lug).
IMG_20240311_151010427.jpg

Still have work to do but having a windshield makes the car drivable. Took the car for a drive about 25 miles, got it up to speed. Turn signals were not working when they had during my initial testing. By the time I got home they were working? Probably a ground issue somewhere.
IMG_3791.JPG

Alan

Still have work to do but having a windshield makes the car drivable. Took the car for a drive about 25 miles, got it up to speed. Turn signals were not working when they had during my initial testing. By the time I got home they were working? Probably a ground issue somewhere.
View attachment 650260

Alan
They had to warm up. :D

Another thing that might be causing problems is I have bulbs in the dash, I have been told that if you have the fender top indicators they didn't put bulbs in the dash.

Alan
I believe the factory didn't put bulbs in the dash with fender indicators, but I think they got installed by a lot of owners and dealers.

Another thing that might be causing problems is I have bulbs in the dash, I have been told that if you have the fender top indicators they didn't put bulbs in the dash.

Alan
I've seen it both ways. My folk's '65 Newport did not have bulbs in the dash, yet my '70 does. A McDonald's co-worked drove his parent's '66 New Yorker, both in and out worked.

Got the speaker grill, cleaned up and painted some of the trim, the gray and black left the rest untouched.

ad7df8ca-d5ed-4281-beae-e51526acfeb4.jpg
5bf74b96-f39f-4f82-8770-3d9771e7f438.jpg

Last edited:
Back