What/How Would You Value a C-Body ?

I regularly see some old cars on our base too usually in the parking lot in the summer.

Orange 69 Camaro
Red 68 Chevelle
Green 68 Nova
Red 66 Impala or Belair station dragon
White ~ 72 Grabber Maverick
Red 65 Mustang Convert
A 60's vette or two

No Mopars .. mine will be on the road eventually though

Yes eventually and when you show up & if the other drivers question you on your choice of car only you will truly know why you did.
I hope to see pics of the car rolling down the road one day!

I hate it when I go to car shows and there are guys that just use their cars to go back and forth to the shows.It makes me think,why do they even bother owning them? After all,cars were built to be used as transportation,not as a painting that hangs on your wall,or in this case,a garage.Don't get me wrong,I love beautifully restored cars,modified cars,customs,etc., and I have a deep appreciation for how things are built and designed and how different manufacturers put things together.But,what's the purpose of owning a nice car and never really using it and getting to enjoy it? If I restore a car,rebuild it,put fresh paint on it,etc., then I'm gonna take every chance I can get to use it and show it off and be proud of it.And yes,I do take precautions when I'm out there with it.If I go somewhere I park on the other end of the parking lot,away from all the other cars,I'll clean it probably more than it should be,and just treat it like it's worth a million dollars.Of course I'm not gonna take it to Home Depot and use it as a dump truck for supplies .But if something should happen to it,that's why you have insurance.You can always repaint a car or repair it.I'm not gonna fret over a scratch or a ding,I'll fix it when it happens. I'm not gonna be one of those guys with a show car that's paranoid to have someone put a fingerprint on the car because the acid in your finger sweat is gonna burn a hole thru my paint,or because when it rains out it may leave a temporary spot.It's a car,use it,enjoy,and show it off!

Sure. You know what irks me more? The guys that never ever bring a car to a show. I don't want to hear a laundry list of projects for my car when they can't bother to bring anything. Ever. I understand projects. That's not the kind of guy I'm talking about.

I'm gonna use mine to go anywhere, Home Depot like Shops too but not to load up half a ton of cement or something.
You are right, choice of parking spot can save you lots of parking ding Trouble; I think it's been just two in 25 years and they both came out without harming the paint, but at my own expense.

I leave the Jewish American Princess NYB up on her pedestal.
I love looking up at her just sitting there flawless.
I love driving the Newport anywhere as flawed as she is. A blonde with a lot of beauty flaws up close but the outline of her bod makes everyone aroused from 20+ feet away.

My dashpad on my Challenger is what bugs those people the most I don't care. If they continue to bring it up my answer is give me $100,000 for the car and you can do whatever you want with the dashpad, now where is your car I would like to inspect it.

now where is your car I would like to inspect it.

..................................... laughing4 (1).gif

laughing4 (1).gif

I drive mine every chance I get. I will never redo the back seat as it is purely for them. All I say is "where is the chrysler" and all hell breaks loose!

image.jpg

Hey 68BigRed,Nice pair of passengers.Bet they enjoy your ride just as much as you do.I always find laying a good thick blanket across the back seat and tucking it into the corners well does a pretty good job of protecting the upholstery and keeps everyone happy too!

In monetary terms we all know that extremely nice, turn-key C bodies, regardless if slab, fusey or formal, can be had for @ $5000 or less (with coupes being on the higher end- more likely to fetch higher money). Convertibles and wagons are the only C bodies that can be had for @ $10 k or higher (for really fine examples). Of course aberrations to this trend occur for the "right" buyer or specialty cars.

As mentioned these cars are about the love and about the last remaining "cheap" way to get into the hobby- A,B, E and forward look cars are stupid-expensive now-a-days.

Thanks for this post. I was afraid that I had over paid for my C body but it was right around the dollar amount you mention and it was turn key and clean.

Back