What is this distributor for?

Reaction score
What is this distributor?
I believe it is for a B engine. Looks like it may be a dual point (one set missing).
No index tab for the dist cap.
I bought t as a back up for my pertronix.

20240925_135806.jpg

20240925_150722.jpg

20240925_135852.jpg

68 383. I'd say it's been worked on?? Don't know if dual point would use the same application number.

Someone put dial points inside a single point. They had to use the dual point vac advance, so that's why there is no tab to index the cap. It still has single point clips to retain cap. So it seems to use a single point cap and rotor and just accept the timing variance with the floating cap.

Someone put dial points inside a single point. They had to use the dual point vac advance, so that's why there is no tab to index the cap. It still has single point clips to retain cap. So it seems to use a single point cap and rotor and just accept the timing variance with the floating cap.
Not that I had ever worried about it, but all dual point units were the cast iron housing distributors and I wasn't aware the guts would transfer into an aluminum housing unit?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Not that I had ever worried about it, but all dual point units were the cast iron housing distributors and I wasn't aware the guts would transfer into an aluminum housing unit?

Just curious,
CBODY67
Probably not without some modifications. Single point cores can be found pretty cheap, in good shape, and not messed with.

Back