What is this piece called?

njhgv

Reaction score
What are these? Are they turn signal indicators? What about the rest of the chrome? Were they an option? What can I search to find pictures without them? Thanks!

awaaaa.png

The second picture has trim (I believe it’s stainless steel and not chrome) that includes a fender mounted turn signal light.
I can’t tell if the top picture has it or not.

Some cars, like my 69 Plymouth Fury III convertible has the fender mounted turn signals and not the trim attached to the top of the fender. (See attached picture)

I’m sure that others know a lot more about the particulars and will chime in.

B6784951-A447-4981-BBE0-CCF08605F3BE.jpeg

Per the dealer data books, they were standard on the New Yorker and Town & Country, optional on everything else for 1969-71 Chryslers.

Yes, the trim is polished stainless steel.

1729600017126.png

What are these? Are they turn signal indicators? What about the rest of the chrome? Were they an option? What can I search to find pictures without them? Thanks!

View attachment 688145
Is your concern a question of what they are or do you have a car and might seek to remove them?

As noted, standard on the fancier trim levels and optional on others. Chrysler began using the fender-mounted turn signal repeaters in 1965 C-bodies as they were more in the driver's normal line of sight, rather than having to look at the instrument cluster to see if the signals were working. Which is why they normally didn't install bulbs in the instrument cluster sockets for the tiurn signal indicators, many times.

In some respects, it was a dress-up item as the prior "gun sights" that used to appear on upscale model front fenders and hoods, but with a practical and safety-related orientation.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Is your concern a question of what they are or do you have a car and might seek to remove them?

As noted, standard on the fancier trim levels and optional on others. Chrysler began using the fender-mounted turn signal repeaters in 1965 C-bodies as they were more in the driver's normal line of sight, rather than having to look at the instrument cluster to see if the signals were working. Which is why they normally didn't install bulbs in the instrument cluster sockets for the tiurn signal indicators, many times.

In some respects, it was a dress-up item as the prior "gun sights" that used to appear on upscale model front fenders and hoods, but with a practical and safety-related orientation.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
My 69 300 Convertible came factory with them and dash signals

Back