What is this? RV2 compressor.

Reaction score
So I figured a good way to “cut my teeth”on HVAC would be converting the AC in my 68’ 300. I’m using this guide Converting to 134a - Mopar | Original Air Group after pulling the rear fitting off I saw the EPR valve was in pieces.. being curious I pulled the heads off and there was a small copper piece in one of the valve holes. My question is what are these parts and should I continue to use this compressor or source a different one? Everything else looks good. (the red circled part is what was under the head and the green circled piece came out of the EPR hole)

IMG_4864.jpeg

hard to tell but if the unidentified pieces are thin brass crumpled up everything there is part of the EPR valve itself...I'd be most concerned about the condition of the reed valves...do they still lie flat on the plate or did they get bent? also damage to top of piston or scoring of cylinder wall...just like an engine that dropped a valve...the EPR valve has a brass bellows the whole length of it (i'll post a pic when i hit the shop) so i'm not sure if you have everything...maybe some of it is still stuck in the ports or made it out into the muffler?

hard to tell but if the unidentified pieces are thin brass crumpled up everything there is part of the EPR valve itself...I'd be most concerned about the condition of the reed valves...do they still lie flat on the plate or did they get bent? also damage to top of piston or scoring of cylinder wall...just like an engine that dropped a valve...the EPR valve has a brass bellows the whole length of it (i'll post a pic when i hit the shop) so i'm not sure if you have everything...maybe some of it is still stuck in the ports or made it out into the muffler?
The cylinders and reed valves both look good. I think I’m gonna continue with disassembly to check for any more damage. Assuming I don’t find any I’m gonna put it back together and hope for the best..

IMG_4873.jpeg

IMG_4872.jpeg

IMG_4874.jpeg

I'm no expert, but this should provide some helpful information if you decided to convert to Sanden.

Maybe thats what happens when you slug them??? (Overcharge)

Is a Sanden compressor the same as a Sankyo? If so I'd recommend it. I had this on my Mirada and it worked great, and in my mind is superior due to it's smaller size, lighter weight, and simplicity of design.

Back