What is your dream car?

When I was a kid my dad worked at a Pontiac dealership. There are many dream cars but the longest lasting in my mind is a 64 Grand Prix 421 tri-power 4 speed w/ 8 lug wheels.

1964 Grand Prix.jpg

I always liked the Shelby Cobra starting way back in the 80s. Still do but there are almost too many around. And now my eyes have strayed to her sister the Daytona Coupe. Man that is sleek and kind of the anti-fury in style.

upload_2021-7-14_23-38-36.png

I have a physical space availability issue. Looking at options. If the stars align....

That is a beautiful car. I hope to see it workout for you. I assume your talking garage space. Might I suggest a sledge hammer? :D

i dig the Viper.

Though obviously done at cross-town rival Chrysler, contemporaries of mine in the industry at the time were responsible for that car.

I vicariously lived though its develpment (the egos, the corporate catfights, limited budget but decidicated "car guys" workin' their a**es off) with them.

Though near EOP it was a little "swoopier" than its middle-age years ('03 ish, first 500-HP cars, third gen??) when I liked its styling the best of all the years best.

Last edited:
The first Viper GTS is the first modern car I got giddy when I saw it. The 08 Challenger SRT was the only other so far.

I too got excited for those. The PT cruiser looked promising until it was built. If it were 3 times the size it could have had me.
The Prowler lost me too after it was built. Both looked good on paper.

I too got excited for those. The PT cruiser looked promising until it was built. If it were 3 times the size it could have had me.
The Prowler lost me too after it was built. Both looked good on paper.
The PT had a following before it was produced, I saw a ton of modified versions in print, but didn't see many in real life. My friend wanted one so bad, but only wanted a two door version.

We had a ton of PT Cruisers around here for a while. So many so that the old punch-bug game turned into "PT-Bruiser" for the kids. Now they've all disappeared and I can't say that I'm disappointed.

I bought a new PT GT 5-speed in 2004. All-black. That car would flat scream! I had it more than once over 130 mph out in the plains of Colorado and on a seldom-used turnpike in Oklahoma. The trans was unique to the turbo'd GT, and I had quite the problem with it popping out of Third. It was in the shop for 51 out of 75 days, then Chrysler offered to buy it back, as they claimed the trans was not repairable and a replacement was nine months out (!), so WTF? So, we ordered a 2006 Turbo convertible with automatic. It arrived NYE 2005. My '03 had but 19,400 miles on it when it went back. I loved the '03, but Chrysler simply wouldn't or couldn't make it right without a long, long delay. We had the '06 ten years almost to the day. Got it with just three miles on the odo, and traded it with 106K. We traded that on a nice '04 Dakota V6 4x2 club cab that lasted us five+years before I sold that to a buddy, with 213K on the clock. Bought it with 150K. I was happy.

The handful of PTs I see now are either rode-hard, put up wet 150K hammered beaters, or a couple of nice, customized ones from the days where the PT had a tremendous cult following.

"See-trone" (dunno which model or year tho). Nice

Since I lived in Europe a while on company business, I always wanted this one BMW 8 Series Coupe, V12 w/6 speed Getrag.

My German boss let me sport his while he vacationed in Spain (not the actual car, but a mid-90's model below). A hoot on the Autobahn.

Not practical for me when I got back -- plus I didn't really have to have one when I got back to my good ole' American iron

ZZAA2.png

Back