When was the last production day for C-Bodies?

I just emailed them....we'll see if I get a response. I also asked what the last car produced was a NY'er or a Newport. I also asked for any pictures or any production info on 1965-1978 C-Bodies that they could share with us.

I was under the impression 2009 was the last year of civillian CV sales, 2010 was the last year of fleet CV, all Marquis, and all Town Car sales, and 2011 was dedicated solely to CV cop cars only.
I think. I am not positive...

Posted via Topify on Android

I drove a 2011 model year CV in 2012. It was a rental car, had 12k miles. Tires were from 3rd week 2011

I was under the impression 2009 was the last year of civillian CV sales, 2010 was the last year of fleet CV, all Marquis, and all Town Car sales, and 2011 was dedicated solely to CV cop cars only.
I think. I am not positive...Posted via Topify on Android

According to Wiki (not the most reliable source of GOOD information these days, of course!), on September 15, 2011, the final Crown Victoria rolled off the assembly line as a 2012 model. It was destined for export to Saudi Arabia. The last Grandx Marquis and Town Car were built a year earlier.
[SUP]
The article says nothing about the last year (2011) for US-destined cars (they were built in Ontario), as to whether they were cop-only, or fleet/cop mix.

Strange that we have an answer to the end of production of a Ford product in a thread about the end of Chrysler production...!
[/SUP]

[SUP]Strange that we have an answer to the end of production of a Ford product in a thread about the end of Chrysler production...![/SUP]

I never said I was 100% faithful.
I don't hold myself up to martyrdom.

Same here. My younger son and I drive Fords and my older son has a Buick that we have for daily drivers. Only the wife has a Chrysler daily. All the hobby cars and trucks are Mopars, though.

You'd think they would have captured on film an event such as the last full sized car coming off the line. There are a million photos on the net of the last Crown Vic.

Posted via Topify on Android

Actually, I think Chrysler wanted the end of "C" body production to slip as quietly under the waves as possible. Chrysler got caught napping when GM downsized their big cars in 1977 (which is why there were no `C' Plymouths or Dodges in '78). They were at least making enough $$ off of the Newports and NYBs to make it profitable to run the line. It was also why the '79 R body cars were such crap. It was 1957 all over again. GIANT rush to get these cars out on the street. TONS of things that should have been "properly" engineered were not and it became a real toss-up as to whether or not they should come out as '79s and hope that the quality shortcuts wouldn't be too obvious, or take a beating in the market and delay them to 1980. So they flipped the coin, and everybody lost.

Anybody with a '78 need only look at the MDH label in the end of the driver's door to determine when their car was "built" Remember the date on the fender tag is the BODY FRAME DATE, NOT(!!!!!!!!!!!!) the build date of the damn car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's start with July. Who's got an MDH date in July ?

Anybody?

According to Wiki (not the most reliable source of GOOD information these days, of course!), on September 15, 2011, the final Crown Victoria rolled off the assembly line as a 2012 model. It was destined for export to Saudi Arabia. The last Grandx Marquis and Town Car were built a year earlier.
[SUP]
The article says nothing about the last year (2011) for US-destined cars (they were built in Ontario), as to whether they were cop-only, or fleet/cop mix.

Strange that we have an answer to the end of production of a Ford product in a thread about the end of Chrysler production...!
[/SUP]

The VAST majority of the last of the cars built at St. Thomas were police units. By then the civilian market for Crown Vics had pretty much dried up (there were a few but not many). There were stories printed in just about every newspaper in every major city in North America about cops wringing their hands over the loss of their Crown Vics, and how were they going to squeeze themselves and all their gear into what they perceived as the econobox alternatives. Much political arm twisting was done, and HUGE fleet orders were put in so that PDs all over the place could have a stock of dozens, if not hundreds of cars to use as their current cars fell apart. Same thing with a number of taxi fleets. And the irony is, many of these cars were lost, brand new to floods in various parts of the countries (Canada and the U.S.) due to nobody thinking about how to store them properly.

No real help from Chrysler Historical......

Hello Bob,

I was unable to find any documentation stating when the last 1978 C-Body was produced and what model it was.

We do have production numbers, but only by body style. Here are the figures I can provide to you. I hope this helps:

1978 Chrysler

Newport
2 Door Hardtop – 8,877
4 Door Hardtop – 30,078

New Yorker
2 Door Hardtop – 11, 469
4 Door Hardtop – 33,090

I am very sorry I could not assist you further if you have any questions, please let me know.

Danielle

Since no one has a C-Body made after my Newport in May 1978....

I have the last C-Body made on the planet.

HI guys.
Just went and had a look at the door tag and says 5/78 so also may.
but then looked at the sale forum form the Chrysler dealership. And it got 1978 Newport sold as NEW and the date believe it or not 6/1/1979.
must have sat on the yard for a long time. so is it a 1978 or maybe the only 1979 C body. lol

a five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and discover the last known C body in the universe

a five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and discover the last known C body in the universe

I'm betting its been crushed. Recycled & is a Kia now. And will be crushed & recysled again soon....

You would think Chrysler would of kept the last one to keep in their collection in the Motor City.

Back