Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

A little fall fun for a few of us "gamers".

I have half a year of stuff saved up, and hope others have a few as well. That should get us to Halloween, then we can name some girls. :poke:

Where's the 2014 Toyota?

dodge 1964 polara-0X.jpg

Hints and questions needed to answer.

1. West Coast of United States, City and State?
2. Where in this city? Name of the structure(s) its on/in background.
3. Picture today of this exact location? Yeah, can get in there and get a pic, or just post a recent stock photo if that's easier.

Rules reminder for this game. Solve by any means necessary. Google search, "lens" the pic directly or otherwise, Ouija boards, local knowledge, ... whatever works.

Please, if you get it, consider just indicating that you have it, but DON'T post your answer until the end. This gives others not seeing this post until later, or who are working on it, a fair shot at it.

This one is pretty easy so we can ease back into it.. I have a couple saved up that are very challenging I think -- will need a go-fund-me to put up a statue to the solver(s):poke:

Good Luck. Answer in a few days.

A little fall fun for a few of us "gamers".

I have half a year of stuff saved up, and hope others have a few as well. That should get us to Halloween, then we can name some girls. :poke:

Where's the 2014 Toyota?

View attachment 680175

Hints and questions needed to answer.

1. West Coast of United States, City and State?
2. Where in this city? Name of the structure(s) its on/in background.
3. Picture today of this exact location? Yeah, can get in there and get a pic, or just post a recent stock photo if that's easier.

Rules reminder for this game. Solve by any means necessary. Google search, "lens" the pic directly or otherwise, Ouija boards, local knowledge, ... whatever works.

Please, if you get it, consider just indicating that you have it, but DON'T post your answer until the end. This gives others not seeing this post until later, or who are working on it, a fair shot at it.

This one is pretty easy so we can ease back into it.. I have a couple saved up that are very challenging I think -- will need a go-fund-me to put up a statue to the solver(s):poke:

Good Luck. Answer in a few days.
Easy, yes. My father told stories of drag racing in this river not too far south of here. Other stories of using like a freeway (before the freeways were built) to hear the engines Roar at a nearby drag strip.

Alan

Thanks for toss this one out there. I grew up not to far from here. I will send you a PM.

If the stories are true, I believe part of the design of this infrastructure was to allow for movement of military vehicle during WWII if the Japanese were successful in taking out the bridges. This structure runs all they through from where Lockheed Martin was located down to the port of said city in the west.

Four correct responses in.

"Usual suspects" as players so far - thanks for playing again and being good sports and letting game run if others wanna jump in.

answer Thursday AM EDT, then i'll dial up the fire a bit on next one .. test your "Peg Man" skills along with geographic sleuthing from word clues.

get yall ready for grand finale (from me at least) around Halloween cuz that '92 Ponch in #534 is coming then. :)

enhanced-buzz-24965-1365659349-6.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the 2014 Toyota?
1725537385828.png

#561.

Los Angeles, CA. on/in the Los_Angeles_River, looking northerly at the Fourth_Street_Viaduct.

Fascinating engineering/architecture/history of the LA River. Been in many theatrical movies and TV shows.

I recognized that setting immediately, but not being from there I did not know which bridge was in the background.

All the "winners" have enough "dudes" to wallpaper several rooms at their homes - thanks guys for playing.

FLW 8AB.png

1725537227479.png
FLW 9L.png
1725536943418.png

1725537626558.png

For ****s & giggles. Not remotely possible, but entertaining.

Last edited:
Where's the Ferrari?

1. City, Country. Easy to find.
2. Exact Spot its parked. This is harder than it seems. Key is line of sight . You need a picture of, and/or map coordinates for, the parking spot to win.

Get to the right parking spot, pat yourself on the back for your mad digital map skills.:poke:

There will be debates ... I believe I found it, but happy to yield to a superior placement anybody offers up.

dodge 1964 polara-0X.jpg

Last edited:
Above on #568.

If you manage to get a "Peg Man" on the suspected spot of this car, hats off to ya.

Best I can do with my feeble skills is a general area, with indirect/aerials/tourist shots, where I think the Ferrari was.

If you play and come up with something, hopefully you post your answer at the end and we can compare notes.

Answer posted Sunday 9/8

Only one reported solver (gets them all it seems) on #568

1725809936015.png

City one of the most recognizable in the world. Shanghai China, with the Oriental Pearl Tower right on the Huangpu River that cuts right through the city.

I used Google Maps AND Google Earth. They werent very helpful ... poor street views, 2d/3D was whacked, looks like street hames are IN the rivier, etc.,

Anyway, I think Ferraro was at the Shanghai Port Cruise Terminaal, opposite side of river from Oriental Pearl Television Tower.

1725810206279.png

Somewhere in the RED BOX (at river level pm the dock), with GREEN ARROW representing approvimate line of sight, pointing AT the Oriental Pearl. The yellow/black striped curb at river's edge, bejomd tjhe Ferrari, was a referemce.

But i never found a "street view" I exactly liked ( jjust some tourist shot - "phote sphere" - , the one blocked by the boat came closest).

FLW 9L.png
FLW 9KC.png
FLW 9K.png

FLW 9LXY.png
map1AA.png

Now, this is ON OTHER side of river, looking AT Tower FROM the terminal dock. Looks real easy to get a car down there for a photo shoot. Plus is right elevation.

Screenshot_20230921-214359.png

FLW 9LX.png

Unless you live here, this is gonna be hard.

I admit from the outset, I could NOT locate where this car is parked in this city. A better solver -- you folks are out there -- have gotta bail us all out.

If you can :poke:

1, City and State. If you think you know it by sight, be careful. Still, should be very easy.
2, Where is this 2006 Nissan parked? I could NOT find it. Couldnt get elevation and line-of-sight to align.

I will keep looking at post whatever I have in a few days. Good luck if you decide to try.

Screenshot_20240815-122759.png

Unless you live here, this is gonna be hard.

I admit from the outset, I could NOT locate where this car is parked in this city. A better solver -- you folks are out there -- have gotta bail us all out.

If you can :poke:

1, City and State. If you think you know it by sight, be careful. Still, should be very easy.
2, Where is this 2006 Nissan parked? I could NOT find it. Couldnt get elevation and line-of-sight to align.

I will keep looking at post whatever I have in a few days. Good luck if you decide to try.

View attachment 681095
Got it, just trying to figure out which spot overlooking the lot is likely it.

Alan

#572, i'll be darned.

Solved. couple "frequent flyers". was outside my skills :)

hope a few of you other gamesters - maybe we can give a new person a "Dude"- will take a shot at it over next couple days?

as always, i will respond to PM's if ya wanna test a theory as to the solution without revealing too much and spoil it for others still cranking on it.:)

Last edited:
you did much better than me. you must be in the area.

i am sure the "exact" spot will come outta that as elevation and l-o-s look spot on.

:thumbsup:
I actually live much farther west of this city. I used to watch a particular car restoration show that was based in this city which has a distinctive bridge in it. That bridge is buried in the skyline in the ad picture which was a big clue for me as to where to start looking. Respecting the game, that is the only clue I Wil give…. If that is even a clue!

I actually live much farther west of this city. I used to watch a particular car restoration show that was based in this city which has a distinctive bridge in it. That bridge is buried in the skyline in the ad picture which was a big clue for me as to where to start looking. Respecting the game, that is the only clue I Wil give…. If that is even a clue!
the "bridge" is a good clue ... help keep folks outta the "at first glance" twist in this particular game.:poke:

couple shows are (were?) based in that city...i wasnt/aint a watcher but recall the promos. :)

Back