Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

Here is one from a 73 Chevrolet brochure.
This one might be a challenge as there is no Street View to confirm it (from this spot), you can go into town and find structures on the other side of the bay.
Don't recall how difficult it was for me to locate.

North East USA

View attachment 687083

Alan
Wow! I forgot about those cars. So frigg'n' ugly, look like Puffer fish.

New Game (last one for me till spring next year as an OP).

1959 Pontiac Catalina.

In case it wasnt immediately recognizable, this is a Fitzpatrick & Kaufmann illustration. Beautiful artwork.

This is a drawing, done FROM pictures of actual vehicles (or actual cars in a studio sometimes) DRAWN INTO a physical location recreated FROM pictures. So, many times the exotic locations Fitz & Kaufman placed the cars in ad illustrations where the car NEVER actually was.

The automaker was trying to create a "lifestyle image" for their customers. "Drive our car, and you too could be cool, cultured, "bon-vivant' like this person".

1. Location of this 1959 Pontiac?
2. It this structure still there or not? If yes, post a picture along with the location currently, If not, just the location at some time in the past is good.

Unless you recognize the location, digital search skills are likely necessary. Good luck if you try. Its higher on the difficulty scale than most of these games.

Answer mid-week.

Screenshot 2024-10-14 163411.jpg

Back