Which do you like better? Slab side or Fuselage?

I would prefer a Fuselage, Slab,and in a pinch a Formal in that order over my Scamp.

Unfortunately I do not think there is a C body in my immediate future. I guess I have C body envy for the moment.

I will say my brown Scamp draws as much, if not more attention than my orange Duster.

I'd have to say all 67 - 72 Dart 2 doors are more attractive than the average run of the mill dusters ... not all Dusters mind you but the average run of the mill duster. What are the specs of your Orange Duster and what year?

I love the 68' new Yorker, but I put the most miles on a 71' new Yorker four door hardtop when the kids were Young.(1985-94)That car was one of nicest driving Chrysler's I have owned. I put many a mile on it with Wife, four kids ,luggage, and towing a 68' Charger behind it as we moved often back then. I keep looking for another, but they don't seem to come up much.

A 68 New Yorker was the first car I ever drove. Black 4 door with turquoise interior. I was 12 and not expecting it at all when dad pulled over and said come around and drive. I was quite scared but it thrilled the hell out of me. Love at first drive ... all Mopar all the time growing up. I bugged him all the time to let me drive after that LOL

It's like asking me to pick between my kids...
Big Bee in Driveway.jpg

Nessie in Driverway.jpg

One of my cousins was a Gremlin guy. He had a red one with a white stripe. Gabriel Hijackers and L60's on Cragar's on the rear. Looked stupid to me....
A high school buddy's dad was a Gremlin guy. A Levi Package blue, white stripes and FOUR cylinder stick for a company car. A Javelin, Amx or Matador. No, a Gremlin. Aptly named with the four. Yeah, we never drove that thing on a ski road trips. Guys preferred my six year old Charger.
The buddy survived.

I'd have to say all 67 - 72 Dart 2 doors are more attractive than the average run of the mill dusters ... not all Dusters mind you but the average run of the mill duster. What are the specs of your Orange Duster and what year?

1971 Duster 340/4 speed Ram Rod shifter, blueprinted door, shortened shift levers, heim joint linkage,528" solid cam, portedJ heads 800 edelbrock, formerly 6 bbl, 3.55 Sure Grip.

1975 Scamp poop brown /6 daily driver.

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

1971 Duster 340/4 speed Ram Rod shifter, blueprinted door, shortened shift levers, heim joint linkage,528" solid cam, portedJ heads 800 edelbrock, formerly 6 bbl, 3.55 Sure Grip.

1975 Scamp poop brown /6 daily driver.

Well I said average run of the mill dusters twice :)

that is not an average run of the mill duster ... kudos it's boss man

Thanks. i was never a big fan of Dusters until my wifes sister offered me a deal I could not refuse.

I would really like to have a C body as a dail driver.

I just sold my only Duster real 340 car to a friend of mine in Finland, and it is destined to look like this one:

71-duster-rotisserie-restored-340-stroker-6-pak-set-up-hemi-orange-4-speed-wow-1.JPG

They are cool, very fast cars, and fun overall to drive............................. My body/paint guy got it unbelieveably straight and flat, ready for paint. It will be finished over there next year.

I also sold the same guy this car, which is a low miles rust free very straight body example 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible and this is his completed result except for the white pinstripes yet to be added (he also owns the Hurst in the background):

Kent's 300 and Hurst.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing how many classics go overseas.

Conspiracy theorists say that was the fate of Steve Juliano's Mod Top Hemi Cuda that was stolen recently.

I just sold my only Duster real 340 car to a guy in Finland, and it is destined to look like this one:

71-duster-rotisserie-restored-340-stroker-6-pak-set-up-hemi-orange-4-speed-wow-1.JPG

They are cool, very fast cars, and fun overall to drive............................. My body/paint guy got it unbelieveably straight and flat, ready for paint. It will be finished over there next year. I also sold the same guy this car, which is a low miles rust free very straight body example and this is his completed result (he also owns the Hurst in the background):

mail
A 68 New Yorker was the first car I ever drove. Black 4 door with turquoise interior. I was 12 and not expecting it at all when dad pulled over and said come around and drive. I was quite scared but it thrilled the hell out of me. Love at first drive ... all Mopar all the time growing up. I bugged him all the time to let me drive after that LOL
The Duster line has always been a favorite of mine. I like the Demon the best, though. I bought a 71' Demon out of California two year ago, and the delivery guy was a Moldavian from Chicago. When I met him in our little town, as the Semi was
too big for my driveway, he asked: What is DEMON? I filled him in, as he was about 25 years old and new to America. He then said: All the way from San Fransisco at truck stop, People would look at DEMON! Why? he said. I had Lexus, Mercedes, Corvettes, BMW's on the Trailer, but People all looked at Demon. (It was the last car on the trailer)How much was it, he asked? I told him, and he laughed! Saying the front clip on that BMW is more than that! I must find a DEMON! I love it! Those trucker guys are a real Hoot! A Bodies are great cars.

Amazing how many classics go overseas.

Conspiracy theorists say that was the fate of Steve Juliano's Mod Top Hemi Cuda that was stolen recently.

All I can say is that my friend in Finland is probably one of the nicest, most honest and sincere guys I will ever know, and he is a very capable hard working farmer. I like selling to him because he always does a top notch job on his cars and I get to see the ones I sold him completed. Never, ever a single problem with him. When I deal with selling to guys in the U.S., it is usually just the opposite experience lately. Integrity is hard to find these days over here, unfortunately.

All I can say is that my friend in Finland is probably one of the nicest, most honest and sincere guys I will ever know, and he is a very capable hard working farmer. I like selling to him because he always does a top notch job on his cars and I get to see the ones I sold him completed. Never, ever a single problem with him. When I deal with selling to guys in the U.S., it is usually just the opposite experience lately. Integrity is hard to find these days over here, unfortunately.

I think its more of a farmer thing than a location thing. I grew up in farm country, and farmers are some of the most capable, hard working people there is. They are very self-suffcient individuals you can meet. They are masters of repairing broken equipment etc. come to think of it most people from rural areas are in general more capable of maintaining vehicles, homes etc. than people in suburban, and urban areas. Unfortunately, I am surrounded by suburbanites...

Fuseys and Forward Look are hands down the best! The others are generally bland in the styling department, mostly being boxy squared off designs. I do like the 1965 and 1968 300s and 1968 Sport Furys though - at least they tried to have some style with their C pillars (2 doors) and other styling features.

View attachment 95330 View attachment 95331 View attachment 95332 View attachment 95333
'57 300C, my dream car right there. Awesome in every way. Perfect. Beautiful.

My Mom's first car was a 73 Duster with a 340 Magnum with a console shift. She started driving after she seen my 69 Super Bee and my brother's 69 Dart GTS. She had a number of nice cars including a Mustang and Trans Am SD in later years which my brothers wrecked (reckless driving accidents) all 3 cars eventually.

A 340 Duster was a great package. $3,000 out the door for a 71 340 4 spd.
Basically a smaller Road Runner that could run with anyone.

Back to O.P. i like the slab side styling. Particularly in side profile. The sloping rear and that great 2dr hardtop C pillar profile. They're slim looking big cars.

You guys are TOO much:thumbsup:. Someone starts a thread about C body Mopars and folks start talking about Gremlins and Dusters! Its all good though far as I'm concerned:steering:

Back