White top paint code

66furys

Reaction score
I have searched and thought I had seen a digit after paint color to indicate a roof color or vinyl?? My fender tag just has QQ1, nothing to follow. Anyone know what the code was in 66 for a white top. Mine is now white, just fishing. thanks

White paint or vinyl?

From the factory your 66 was paint code Q on top and body. Red metalllic, one color.
The next space after. QQ1 is for strioe pr accent color
Second space after is for upper door frame paint color

What is under the capital Y, that is the second line down? That is the vinyl top code, if blank it didn't have one from factory.

Last edited:
If the tag shows QQ1 and not WQ2 then your car was Red and no painted top, the vinyl top would be a different code.

Alan

Are you aware of the information available on paint codes, two tones, stripes, and such in the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com for Chrysler Corp vehicles? In the Color and Trim guides, many of your questions can be answered there, if not all of them, in this respect.

Decodes of the Data Plate spaces are in the front of each year's Chrysler Parts Manual, in the "INFO" section. Free download at www.mymopar.com , if you have not downloaded one already.

Regards,
CBODY67

are

Back